Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joewww Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2015, 04:01 PM
    Can I mount a ceiling light in wall?
    I want to install a flush mount light in a wall. Can I use a flush mount LED ceiling light?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Dec 8, 2015, 05:10 PM
    You can, unless the instructions say ceiling mount only, which many do.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2015, 07:58 PM
    As Stan notes, many lights will specify how they are to be mounted. This was done to get UL approval

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wall mount portrait light [ 1 Answers ]

I need a wall mounted battery run light to go over a curio cabinet, 20" wide & 5" deep. It's an oriental curio cabinet so shelves are wood. I have crystal figurines on the shelves & would like to have lighting to display them better, without electrical cord don't want track lighting. What...

Why can't I mount a "wall mount only" light fixture on the ceiling? [ 6 Answers ]

I have several light fixtures, 8 feet by 2.5 inches, brass cover for the base, candelabra base, 8 bulbs. I want to install them on the ceiling in my foyer (where I have a carousel collection). Printed on the metal base it says wall mount only. What do I have to do to safely mount them on the...

Operating the ceiling fan via the remote and via a wall mount controller [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Forum members I purchased and installed five new Hampton Bay ceiling fans in my house. They all came with a remote control with the receiver in the base of the ceiling fans. I made sure that I set five different codes for each fan and remote pair. I also purchased five wall mount (for...

Use a ceiling light as wall mount [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small outdoor ceiling mount light intended for use on a patio ceiling that I would like to use on the wall next to my front door. There is currently a wall mounted fixture there. Can I build a box to attach to the wall over the electrical connections and then mount the ceiling mount light...

How do you replace batteries in wall mount ceiling mfan control? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a hunter all fan/light wall mount control, model # 27186. How do you replace the batteries in ceiling and wall unit once it stops working?

View more questions Search