Ask
    dellahays01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2015, 01:35 AM
    How does sugar damage your teeth?
    How does sugar damage your teeth?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 7, 2015, 06:52 AM
    If not brushed off pretty soon, it coats your mouth with a nice yummy breeding ground for bacteria that cause cavities and gum infections.
    Sugar proceeds into your stomach, where it turns into glucose, which you need, just not as much as we eat in sugar (it's in starchy foods too).
    Too much, and we don't have enough defenses anymore, and we get inflammation.
    I spent my 69 years eating far too much sugar, and I am in a lot of pain. (Not all from that, but partly.)

If this is a homework question, my answer won't be good enough. Google 'dental caries.'
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 7, 2015, 07:15 PM
    Sugar feeds acid producing bacteria in your mouth. The acid literally decays your teeth like rot in wood.
    hanerykroze Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2016, 02:21 AM
    Tooth decay is caused by bacteria in the mouth using sugar from food and drinks to produce acids that dissolve and the teeth.
    Alexander67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2016, 04:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hanerykroze View Post
    Tooth decay is caused by bacteria in the mouth using sugar from food and drinks to produce acids that dissolve and the teeth.
    After eating sugar contents entered inside area parts of teeth basically the inside big ones,and it not goes out,if not proper brushing the bacteria particles entered there and it grows more on that particular teeth side and reproduces the tooth pain
    writer1hal Posts: 36, Reputation: 5
    In love with life!

Mar 28, 2016, 08:04 AM
    It is responsible for tooth decay. Hundreds of bacteria reside in our mouth. Many are good for our oral hygiene while others are harmful. They are the food food for those bad bacteria and when these bacteria grow in your mouth, teeth, gum and other areas get in trouble. Enamel (the upper layers of your teeth which contains mineral) will be lost. This situation is also known as tooth enamel loss or decay. Cavities will be produced in between your teeth and if not cured then cavities grow and give rise to many other problem. Hope it helps. Google can give you deeper answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renters rights in Texas structural damage to apt. no water damage [ 2 Answers ]

My whole roof in my apt. came crashing down all at once not due to water damage living there only 4 months I have no renters ins. About 4,000 in damage apt. dragging it out what are my rights sad in Texas

Daughter had teeth pull had new teeth put in same day ,can barely open her mouth [ 2 Answers ]

Daughter can 't open her mouth wide, jaw seems to out of a line

brown sugar =sugar% to molassas% [ 1 Answers ]

What is the ratio of sugar to molassas in brown sugar?

Who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar"? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Please, who's the artist who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar" with changed lyrics.. "Honey, I gotta lotta money.."?

Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward? [ 8 Answers ]

:cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?

View more questions Search