Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apples Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2015, 04:36 PM
    Uncontested divorce
    Senior need to divorce my husband, how do I go about this if we can't communicate anymore. Should I go for consult with attorney? Reside in Ga
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 6, 2015, 05:25 PM
    If you have been married for a long period of time like 10 years or more then it is in your best interest to consult an attorney as they can advise you on what is best for your case.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 7, 2015, 02:34 AM
    Uncontested divorce means that you and the husband agree to everything and there is no issues. It means both of you will sign the document without any issues

So uncontested means normally you and husband agree on a lawyer, go see them together, have the paper work done, and both sign.

If he will not even communicate, sounds like it may be contested or at least he not sign paper work.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 7, 2015, 06:57 AM
    I got divorced with no lawyers. I copied someone else's petition. That was before the internet, so get one now for GA off the net.

The judge asked me if I was OK with the settlement we had agreed on, my ex buying out a share of our house. It all took about one minute, an assembly line of couples filing past the judge without sitting down.

If you have more than a simple splitting of assets, then get a lawyer.

If your husband can't TALK (your wording is confusing), he needs a legal representative.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 7, 2015, 07:40 AM
    By all means consult with a lawyer since you CANNOT communicate with HIM! Doesn't sound like this will be as UNCONTESTED a divorce a you thought.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 8, 2015, 06:40 AM
    You need legal advice for many reasons.

Finding out how to go about protecting yourself, for example, assets, bank accounts, pensions, etc. is very important. Your husband likely knows, as most people do, that he can contest a divorce until the cows come home, but he cannot stop you from divorcing him.

Please seek legal help. Start with even a consultation as to what your rights are, and what you can expect.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 8, 2015, 06:42 AM
    This site: Georgia Self-Help Divorce Forms and Georgia Divorce Laws Online has information and forms for filing under GA's No Fault Divorce laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uncontested Divorce. [ 3 Answers ]

Ok... I have been separated from my spouse for over 3 nows. I would like a divorce. So... I finally got the money and got myself a lawyer and I filed for an uncontested divorce.

Uncontested divorce before name change? [ 16 Answers ]

Hello. My husband left when my daughter was a month old. He ended up not being the father of our child after she was born. (her paternal father is unknown of his whereabouts.) we remained to stay together even though we did not live together because we were in the process of getting his green...

Uncontested divorce proseedings [ 3 Answers ]

I filled for a divorce uncontested the other party sighned and agreed but now is trying to stop the divorce can they do that:(

Uncontested divorce [ 2 Answers ]

I am ready to file for a divorce in a marriage where we have been married 10 years, but sperated for the last 3 years. State ordered child support is already in place and visitation is already established. There are no issues with custody. There is no property to divide in the marriage. ...

View more questions Search