Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ashley9595 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2015, 09:51 AM
    Why would someone want to be a Retail Sales Manger
    I currently work in retail & I can't comprehend why anyone would want to be a retail manager. I'm not sure if I had bad experiences in retail, a customer threatened to slice me up with a knife, I have been called a b***h because I refused to give a male customer my cell phone number, cussed out in 3 languages, had a customer jump over the register; it took a few minutes for store security to get the customer. Some customers tamper with alarn tags & steal merchandise, leave merchandise on the floor to get ruined & other customers slip & fall, rip the packaging on items, drop make-up on the floor, squirt lotion out of merchandise to smell it & get it on the floor, than decide not to purchase the lotion. I don't write the store policies, but on the back of each receipt it says we can't return merchandise torn, worn or alerted, my manager told me it's okay to return stuff that has been torn, worn or alerted. A customer returned shoes that had the soles dangling off, a pair of jeans with an iron mark on the back of the jeans, a eraser board that was drawn on with a permanent marker, there weren't price tickets on any of the items & they didn't match the description on the receipt. The manager told me it's okay to return all the items & to mos them, can the manager sale those items again, didn't they lose profits? I have been a eyewitness to customers defecating & urinating on the store floors for everyone to see. I know the customer is always right, but I have to disagree, I think there are some exceptions. Are these the perks that come along with the job or am I missing something
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2015, 09:53 AM
    Where on earth are you?!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 7, 2015, 03:12 AM
    The manager can allow certain returns, (if the store policy allows him to)
    But, unless you have it in writing from him, guess whose register or ID shows the bad return, yours, so you could get stuck with the fault and the manager would say he did not tell you.

For the manager, it is easier to get rid of the bad customer, sometimes a loss, can be acceptable over the loss of time, or other customers when one customer is being very bad in the store.

Personally I would have the manager come and sign or ring them on his ID for any non approved returns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The impact of credit card sales, sales discounts, and sales returns on net sales [ 1 Answers ]

Total gross sales for the period include the following: Credit card sales (discount 3%) $ 9,400 Sales on account (2/15, n/60) $ 10,500 Sales returns related to sales on account were $500. All returns were made before payment. One-half of the remaining sales on...

Retail Installment Sales Contract for Used Vehicle [ 6 Answers ]

Can you tell me if a buy here pay here used car sales dealer in Florida can create their own retail installment sales contract with their own terms or do they have to follow the federal guidelines/verbiage?

Hide process from task manger [ 1 Answers ]

How can I hide one process from Processes in windows task manager of win xp

View more questions Search