Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Missy West Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2015, 07:16 PM
    Organ death
    Is it possible to get organ necrosis from cold injury?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 5, 2015, 01:20 AM
    Yes..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 5, 2015, 06:22 AM
    Which organ and what kind of injury ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2015, 10:50 AM
    Typically tissue necrosis is limited to extremities, toes, fingers, ears and nose. It would have to get very cold for an organ to necrose due to body warmth. Severe hypothermia, buried in snow or submerged in freezing water, is another issue. What is the basis for your question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Organ transplant [ 3 Answers ]

Salam O alikum... Dear Brothers or sisters, please help me. My sister in Law is suffering from kidney deasese from long time but she did not register for transplant in spite of repeated advise from all now doctors say that her kidney has to be transplanted and the femily is asking my husband to...

What is an example of a vestigial organ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been thinking of what type of organ in the human body would fit into this definition. One of the things I have read about is that there are some people that Have a human tail. Has anyone heard of this and what is it officially called ?

Are YOU an organ donor? [ 8 Answers ]

I was watching a program on Discovery Health (or something similar) the other day that was discussing the benefits of stem cells for aiding in repairing injuries and advancing the medical field. It got me thinking about how, with stem cell advancement, we could grow organs in a lab, and not have...

Organ removal [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my gall bladder removed as well as just underwent a complete hysterectomy last March. Does the removal of these organs affect the functioning of my body in any way or what are its implications?

View more questions Search