Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2015, 02:30 PM
    Can't Afford Silver Plan On healthcare.gov
    In your opinion, what are my options when I cannot afford the premiums on the Silver Plans that are subsidize.

For me, they are just offering EPO Plans (I have always had HMO Plans), where you have to pay the 20% co-insurance when you have met your deductible and out of pocket cost. . We, all know how high hospital bills are. If my bill is 40,000.00. I have to pay 8.000.00

In your opinion, would going with a Bronze, Plantium plan be more practical.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 3, 2015, 04:08 PM
    It depends, it depends, it depends.
    Your age, health history, what you expect to need in the next year, and what your finances are.

I'm getting SS and Medicare and looking at a variety of Supplemental and Advantage plans to go with Medicare. Those plans not only vary by state, but also within each state, by county.

There should be a phone number on your booklet for getting advice. When I was choosing last year, I called one plan and the rep was knowledgeable about all the plans. It's still something of a gamble. You just can't predict what you will need for the next year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obamas Healthcare Plan [ 197 Answers ]

Recentle, our president, decided to try and pass a Healthcare Plan. In this plan, everyone in the United would get free Healthcare. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Well first of all, guess who still gets to have private insurance? That's right- everyone who works in the government (including...

Healthcare organization business plan vs non-healthcare organization business plan. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know the difference between healthcare organization business plan and non-healthcare organization business plan.

Can't afford their payment plan, should I just make payments? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a debt that is with a lawyer's office and they have a judgement against me for the debt. I can not afford their payment plan so should I just start making payments? They tapped into my bank account (there wasn't much at all) but I don't want them to keep doing that. If I start making...

View more questions Search