Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smcclellan5760 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2015, 06:15 PM
    Enter Word Problem Get Answer
    Jerry spent 2.5 h biking up Mount Lowe, rested at the top for 30 minutes and biked down in 1.5 h. How far did he bike if his rate of ascent was 3 km/h less than his rate of descent?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 2, 2015, 08:49 PM
    We can help on this site, but we don't do your work for you. Post your attempt and we will help you from there.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 3, 2015, 06:51 AM
    Here's a hint: remember that the distance up the mountain = the distance down the mountain, and that distance = velocity times time. Can you finish the problem from here?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Enter Word Problem Get Answer [ 5 Answers ]

Joan Arlington has twice as much money invested at 5% simple annual interest as she does at 4%. If her yearly income from the two investments is $182, how much does she have at each rate?

Answer My Word Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Number of blocks has 9 in the one. The number in 100s is one more than the number in the tens. The two numbers equal 11. How many blocks are there?

Will you answer my word problem? [ 3 Answers ]

A 48 ft wire is cut into three pieces. The second piece is three times as long as the first piece. The third piece is four times as long as the second piece How long is each piece?

Answer my word problem [ 1 Answers ]

It's a algebra word problem The question is.. A riverboat travels 140 miles downstream in 10 hours, and the return trip takes 14 hours. What is the speed of the current and the speed of the boat in still water?

View more questions Search