Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Saria_sanders Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2015, 03:14 PM
    Dark objects asborb more solar radiation than light objects true or false
    This question is on my science study guide an help is needed because me wants to pass the test
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 1, 2015, 03:25 PM
    What happens to an object when it absorbs solar radiation ?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 1, 2015, 03:58 PM
    Think of the color spectrum. If ROYGBIV represents all wave lengths and all are brought together to make black will that black object have more heat?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2015, 04:11 PM
    Try a practical solution. In the sun, put your hand on a black car and than a white one, you'll get your answer.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 3, 2015, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Think of the color spectrum. If ROYGBIV represents all wave lengths and all are brought together to make black will that black object have more heat?
    Sorry - but this is incorrect. All the colors of spectrum added together make white, not black.

To the OP: think of this concept: an object that appears dark absorbs the light that hits it and reflects very little of it back. An object that is white reflects almost all the light that hits it back. Which one absorbs the energy of the radiation, and which one does not?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 3, 2015, 10:06 AM
    Maybe I am confused but blending all colors of the spectrum(pigment on an object) you get black. If you blend all colors of light you get white. The poster is asking about the color of an object. A black object is absorbing all colors
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2015, 11:51 AM
    They could get two bottles of shoe polish... one white and one black... paint one side white and the other side black then go out and lay in the sun...

They can tell their parents when they ask it's a science experiment.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2015, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    They could get two bottles of shoe polish... one white and one black... paint one side white and the other side black then go out and lay in the sun...

They can tell their parents when they ask it's a science experiment.
    There's that ... I was think of roof colors. We have a lot of dark roofs in the Chicago area. Wonder why ....

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

True or False: The time required to complete the tidal sequence of a solar tide is... [ 1 Answers ]

True or False: The time required to complete the tidal sequence of a solar tide is equal to the time needed to complete the sequence of a lunar tide. True False Any help is greatly appreciated!

Swalllowing objects [ 1 Answers ]

My 8 month old golden retriever has swallowed a beer bottle top. Should I wait for it to pass??

Lengths of certain objects [ 1 Answers ]

What is the diameter of a typical animal cell? What is the diameter of a human eye? What is the height of an average human female? What is the length of a human small intestine?

Falling objects? [ 2 Answers ]

Here is the ?s hope u can help me guys... A juggler throws a ball up into the air. The ball remains in the air for a time(t) before it runs back into the jugglers hand. 1. With what speed did the juggler throw the ball into the air? (Hint: What is the total displacement of the ball...

Falling objects [ 1 Answers ]

A juggler throws a ball straight up into the air. The ball remains in the air for a time before it lands back in the jugglers hand. With what speed did the juggler throw the ball into the air?

View more questions Search