Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Berry Rhoden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2015, 11:02 PM
    Safety of taking 2 specific medications at same time(pediatric meds)
    Is it safe to take 2 1/2 mg of melatonin while taking Bromphen/PSE/Dextrom
    For>Bromfed DM as prescribed by Doctor which is 2 tsp fulls by mouth 4 times a day as needed for congestion and cough (pediatric dose for an 8 yr old male, and 110 pounds)?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 1, 2015, 02:13 AM
    Melatonin ? Why in the world do you give this to a child. Not to be given to children is one of the first and foremost warnings for this. Did a doctor recommend it?

I looked over the list of reasons to take it, and except for short time sleep disorders could find nothing that a 8year old child would need it for.

So no, I would not give it along with any other medication, and I would not give it again unless your doctor believes it is needed.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2015, 08:44 AM
    Shouldn't the pediatrician answer this?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 1, 2015, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    shouldn't the pediatrician answer this?
    . Exactly!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taking multiple medications [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 14 yr old son (168 lbs) who was prescribed an albuterol sulfate inhaler and zithromax. He is coughing a lot and I'd like to give him some mucinex but not sure if I can

Taking meds [ 2 Answers ]

Is it OK to take pill G 3742 one day and b 555 779 the next. They are both medroxyprogesterone acetate. I know they're from manufacturers but aren't they the same thing? So is it OK if I take one pill one day and the other the next day?

Two daughters who are currently taking several medications [ 2 Answers ]

I have two daughters whom are currently taking several medications for different diagnosis. Megan - Acid Reflux/Gas disorder & Depression Meds: Zantac; Dexilant; Bentil; Levsin; Zoloft; Wellbutrin; Nuvaring; Reglan; Topamax; Naproxen. Brynn - Migraine Headaches & Depression Meds:...

35-40 rbc in urine after taking medications given by a urologist [ 1 Answers ]

First urinalysis: 10-15 rbc second: 30-40 rbc third: 10-15 rbc 4th: 35-40 rbc.. what does that mean? I had taken medicines given by a urologist after my third urinalysis bit when I saw my 4th result.. I still have blood in urine.. what's seems to be the problem?

Specific test for safety switches on riding mower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: I have a Yard Machine riding mower that has been giving me all sorts of grief and I am now down to having, specifically to test the safety switches. Is there a simple test that Someone could explain in words of one syllable or less? I am not terribly mechanically inclined. Thanks for your...

View more questions Search