Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bwilly Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2015, 08:02 PM
    Paint color
    We are painting the dining room that leads to the kitchen with an open door way with a swinging door. The sides of the door way is drywall painted white. The kitchen has wallpaper and the dining room will be painted gray. Should the sides of the doorway be painted gray to match the dining room or stay white to keep it neutral to the kitchen (white).
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 30, 2015, 08:17 PM
    There are no rules, and doing what pleases you is the fun of ownership. I'd paint it white, unless gray goes really well with the wallpaper. White is better for any narrow space that doesn't get sunlight.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2015, 08:26 PM
    I agree with JOY for the same reasons she gave... the reality is whatever floats your boat.
    bwilly Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2015, 08:31 PM
    Thank you so much. That was the way we were leaning.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2015, 08:37 PM
    The first rule of painting, is there is no rule.

And the second, it is only paint, if you do it, and don't like it, you can easy change it.

I paint according to my personal tastes, no matter what you do, some people like it, some don't. You are the person or people, who see it every day, so it should be what you like.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2015, 12:58 PM
    Most of my house has stained trim and door jambs.Where the trim is painted I broke the color at the door stop. This way when door is closed each side is suited to that side.

As said above do what you like in the looks.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What color should I paint my cabinets? [ 3 Answers ]

I have bone colored fixtures in my bath. I chose a light, upbeat sage green for the walls. It's a modern home. I am wondering what color to paint the cabinets. I'm thinking a dark brown. I'd love to do white or black but that just won't work with the bone fixtures so brown is the only thing I...

Cost to paint interior 20X10 plus ceilings. Cover a dark color with a lighter color. [ 3 Answers ]

A fairly dark blue to be covered with a lighter honey yellow. 200 sq ft. plus the ceilings. A primer coat plus 2 paint coats I would think would cover. How much should this job cost if the paint cost is $100.00?

Paint color formula [ 0 Answers ]

What is the paint formula for the dayglw yellow paint used on Menards sponsored racing cars

Transition Paint Color [ 1 Answers ]

I have an entry way from my living room to kitchen which is about 6" deep. Would like a suggestion regarding color to paint the sides and top of entry way. I am leaning towards painting them the same color (white) as the molding and interior doors. Does this make sense?

Paint color => new -v- old [ 5 Answers ]

We repainted a wall in our home. We used some paint remaining from the past (painted 4 years ago). Our intent was to keep a gallon for touch ups. However, the paint is lighter, in color, than the surrounding walls. Same paint, same mix lot. Painted 24 hours ago. Will it darken?

View more questions Search