Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Nov 28, 2015, 02:38 PM
    2008 Acura TL Won't Start
    My fiancée has a 2008 Acura TL. This morning when she went to start her car, nothing happened.

I replaced her battery in January of this year because the first time this happened, I thought it was old and not supplying enough power. After replacing the battery the first time, the problem persisted so I brought the battery back to the dealer and they gave her another one. They did tell me that some batteries fail out of so many made, which made sense. But then the problem occurred after we went through two batteries, so I'm figuring that two batteries cannot fail and that it must be something else. I brought the car back to the dealer to diagnose the battery problem and he couldn't figure it out.

It seems like the cold weather creates problems and right now no power is being supplied from the battery to the starter, and so forth. On warmer days it's fine, so it has to be related to the cold. Her car sat motionless for only 1.5 days and now it won't start. Mine vehicle was just fine, though after being left for the same amount of time.

Any ideas as to what part of the car starter system is creating this problem?
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2015, 03:23 AM
    Hi Jake, if it was mine I would start at the battery connections and unhook and really clean every electrical connection I could, including all grounds, trying it each time I cleaned and reconnected one. Good luck
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2015, 07:30 PM
    Remove and fully charge the battery. Even new batteries need to be charged, prior to installation. Clean battery terminals, cable connections, grounds, and starter motor connections with abrasive cloth. Inspect battery cables for hidden corrosion and breaks. Ensure all connections are tight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2008 Grand Cherokee won't start [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend has a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee (5.7l Hemi) that won't start. It rolls over but doesn't fire (or even sound like it's trying to start). However, a little starting fluid sprayed in the air intake and she fires right up. After getting it started, it will continue to start (if warm). Cold...

2008 troy-bilt pony won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My 2008 Troy-Bilt Pony won't start. I jumped battery, nothing. It's in "N", blade disengaged, parking brake on, sitting on seat. Won't start. New plug, fuel & air filter, oil change, fresh gas. I had the mower elevated in the front to remove blades, left it elevated for about 2 weeks. When I took...

2001 Acura Integra won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My 2001 Integra GSR is not starting now. It cranks but will not crank all the way over. I can hear the fuel pump turn on and I can smell the unburnt gas being pumped into the motor. The check engine light goes off upon start up like normal and the main relay is working properly. The car has...

Why won't my acura start? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1990 acura integra that is a 5 speed. I have replaced the battery the starter and the alternator and it still won't start. Why?

1999 Acura 1.6 EL won't start and no dash lights [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Acura 1.6 EL which is basically a 1999 Honda Civic Si... D series engine 1.6 litre... 5 speed manual tranny. Anyhow, car was fine until today. Now when I go to start it I get nothing. No dash lights come on at all. No interior lights will come on. No headlights will come on...

View more questions Search