Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    his1and0nly8084 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2015, 08:47 PM
    My husband doesn't listen...
    Hello my name is Kiesha. My Husband was recently shot a few times in his legs last week. The hospital did not stitch the wounds and could not get the bullet out. He is now having severe leg pain so bad that he injected amoxicillin mixed with hydrocodone in his leg to help the pain... now he says it hurts more. I told him don't do that but what should I do? Advice please?!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 27, 2015, 09:21 PM
    How did he get those kinds of meds? He needs to get to the ER. He could have damaged his tissues.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 28, 2015, 03:56 AM
    Shot 'a few times' yet there's only one bullet? All the others passed through? I'm finding the report that they couldn't get the bullet out and didn't stitch any wounds a bit hard to believe. Are we missing any part of the story? Was he on drugs or combative or didn't want the costs? No insurance at a private ER?

He can get infected and die of sepsis or gangrene, tell him. Worry about costs later.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 28, 2015, 05:38 AM
    If your husband won't listen, or can't get the proper help, then he will keep suffering, and no amount of self medicating will help that.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 28, 2015, 07:15 AM
    ... or he took off before the police arrived at the ER? The story makes little sense as told.
    Expert

Nov 28, 2015, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    ... or he took off before the police arrived at the ER? The story makes little sense as told.
    Many times me sit is safer to leave the bullet in rather than removing it. But I agree, the story makes little sense as it is written.

I'm very curious as to how the OPs husband obtained injectable forms of the medication he gave himself.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 28, 2015, 11:59 PM
    Ask your husband to visit the funeral home, and help you start to make arrangements, it is easier if they pick their own things out.

I can think of no place in the leg, where removing a bullet would hurt things.
    And any ER would either take them out, or transfer him to a hospital where they do.

Sorry, the story is not real, at least in the Western world.
    Expert

Nov 29, 2015, 12:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post

I can think of no place in the leg, where removing a bullet would hurt things.
    And any ER would either take them out, or transfer him to a hospital where they do.

Sorry, the story is not real, at least in the Western world.
    Having worked several years in an ER I've seen just as many bullets left in as I've seen surgically removed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doesn't listen and won't respond [ 1 Answers ]

My 4 yr old son doesn't listen and won't respond when we talk to him, he is very smart and know his alphabet and his numbers but won't listen and doesn't talk at all only sometimes and its hard to understand him. What can I do ?

Dog doesn't listen anymore! [ 3 Answers ]

My pitbull pup is now almost six months old. I took her to three sessions of obedience class when she was around four months old. She picked up fairly quick on the commands but now she doesn't seem to respond. When we are inside the house she listens to some of the commands, but once we step foot...

He doesn't listen to my problems [ 4 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for a year and a half, and I love him, he's great. He treats me how any good boyfriend would, he likes to take me out and he's very affectionate towards me and shows that he loves me. All my friends and family can see he's a nice guy. Like every relationship we...

Son who doesn't want to listen [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know what is wrong with my son. He is always angry wit me and I don't know why. He is 20 years of age and has been like this for years. He is also like that with his father also. Its more than just a teenage thing. He is very popular with his friends but treats his parents like dirt and...

View more questions Search