Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1956debkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2015, 06:08 AM
    My new granite composite sink is getting sticky residue after soaking in bleach
    I am trying to see why my new "granite composite " white sink has a sticky residue after soaking the sink in bleach for a several hours. White is coming off from the sink I believe and sticking on the dishes, utensils. I used " good off" to clean the sink and it took the residue off. I cannot find the maker of the sink on line,
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 25, 2015, 06:48 AM
    Just a guess - a heavy wax, possibly a synthetic one, was applied to cut down on scratches during delivery and installation. Soak it and dishes etc in very hot soapy water and it should be gone.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2015, 07:59 AM
    You should have received a manufacturer warranty from the seller. This kind of warranty can be hard to get, at times, though. On housing items like new roofs you do not buy without such a warranty. It does sound like an acrylic wax of some kind, or what they used to bond the pieces of rock to make "granite." I thought those sinks were all custom made.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing vessel sink on granite countertop [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a glass vessel sink on a granite countertop. I was told to use a decorative ring between the two. This decorative ring/flange is chrome on the bottom with a rubber ring on the top. Even though I have completely tightened the drain my sink still can move around. The granite and the...

How to remove a sink under granite installed through plywood cutout? [ 4 Answers ]

My contractor installed a new stainless steele sink undermount - my counter top is granite. They first laid plywood then cut a hole for the sink then put the counter on. (no clips under sink - just plywood showing) Now my sink is rusting (4 months old!) and I want to replace it - they say there is...

Cutting Granite Table to Hold Kitchen Sink? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm doing a mini-kitchen remodel for a mini-kitchen on a mini-budget. I bought a great Kohler single basin cast iron sink, self-rimming, and I was thinking about paying a granite fabricator to cut a hole for my sink in a granite table I currently own. The table is 3 foot by 5 foot, giving me...

Wood support brace under sink in granite? [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of putting in a support brace underneath an undermount sink when installed with granite counters? We had granite installed and the granite company put in a wood brace beneath sink. They said it needed to stay installed. This turned out to be impossible since it was directly...

Installing wall hung sink cabinet to hold granite top [ 1 Answers ]

Calling All Cabinet Installers/Bath Remodel Contractors! Am helping my son remodel his teeny bath in a pre-WWII bldg. Have ordered a wall cab 18" deep X 24" wide X 24" high (KraftMaid). Have studied cab specs: 1/8" back panel conceals two 5/8" hanging rails (top/bottom) doweled/glued to 3/4"...

View more questions Search