Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lawnlady1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2015, 02:54 PM
    I need to hire a person to find a serial number on manufactured home
    My husband and I have searched the front crossmember of our manufactured home and cannot find the serial number. The state of SC only does deeds on the land. We have none of the HUD info as it has been removed. Who can we hire to find the serial # or a lawyer to search the previous records for financing to possibly find the number? We cannot even get a reverse mortgage right now, let alone a loan of any kind! Help would be appreciated.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2015, 03:18 PM
    Go to your local permitting dept. for mobile homes. They may be able to track it by previous permits. However, you may find it hard to do anything without a serial number. Is this a single or double wide?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 23, 2015, 07:53 PM
    There was at some time, a title.

In fact SC does title mobile homes. It is done though the DMV (where you license your car)

The only way it would not have a separate title, is if, it was "detitled" or "retired" in which case a copy of the original title and other paper work is filed with the recorder of deeds.

Have you did a search of the deeds going back to when the mobile home was officially placed on the property.

Also the building inspectors office may have copies of the numbers since they would have had to issue a permit for the placement of the home.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 24, 2015, 06:20 AM
    Do you know who the manufacture was? Did you contract to buy the home new or did you purchase from somebody?

As noted mobile homes are usually titled through the state DMV. I'm not sure if there is a different with a manufactured home or a mobile home. A mobile home is generally one that can be moved from place to place. A manufactured home may be one that that was built in parts and assembled on site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find the serial number and license for a manufactured home in California? [ 0 Answers ]

I can't find any paperwork on my home and need to obtain permits to repair water heater.

How do I obtain the serial # for my manufactured home [ 0 Answers ]

What web site would allow me to find the serial numbers of my manufactured home?

Manufactured home with no title or serial number [ 1 Answers ]

I own a manufactured home on a basement. I bought it by purchasing just the land it was on. There is no serial number because the manufactured home was completely remodeled. I have looked for a serial number in all the usual places and there is no number. It does not have a title either. I...

Serial # for manufactured home [ 2 Answers ]

Looking to refinance modular home but like other questions asked I'm in Minnesota with no serial # or title available would the dmv have records?

Mobile home serial number [ 1 Answers ]

I am selling a 1 bedroom mobile home. Buyer wants a title insurance. ID on home required. No ID tag on unit found. Only tag is seal on entrance door with the letters MGVV CERTIFIED MHMA/TCA REGISTERED 2614411 As a last resort I am...

View more questions Search