Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Samloveskyle Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 12, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Who Do I choose?
    Ok! So there is this guy... That I have been talking to and I think I am falling in love with him and he has done told me that he feels the same and This is the problem. I am engaged to be married and I am having seconds thoughts on whether I really love him or even am ready to get married. and the guy I am talking to is friends with my boyfriend. What do I do? how do i chose.. I can't and dont want to hurt my Boyfriend.. but I wanna have fun.
    dreamgurl068 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Girl if you are not ready to get married then don't because once you are married its harder to walk out of if you want to have fun then go and have fun
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Apr 12, 2007, 11:25 AM
    If u still wonder whether u're in love with a guy u're getting married to... then of course u're not ready to get married to him... u don't need to hurt him... just simply tell him u're not ready yet and will take some more time... hopefully time will tell whom you want in your life.. right?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 12, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Choose what you want. Be a little selfish.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Apr 12, 2007, 11:26 AM
    I agree with the other users.
    =]
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 12:01 PM
    If your this confused then you are not ready for marriage. I advise you not to and just have fun being single. I will go so far as to tell you to break up with your fiancé, before you go exploring other guys. That would be honest, and a healthier way to go.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 12:31 PM
    That you are even thinking of another guy should prove to you that you aren't ready to get married.
    LBP Posts: 206, Reputation: 42

Apr 12, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Just treat your fiancé with respect... He deserves it. Whatever you do, don't take the coward's way out and DO take responsibility for ALL your actions. That means understanding that what you're doing maybe wrong and that your choices could end up removing this other man from your life FOREVER. If you're fine with that then I think that's very real evidence that you're not ready for a relationship of this type, anyway. Maybe not of any type...

You may also want to consider the character of someone who would even suggest this sort for thing with his friend's girl.

And on a personal note... Please, please, please don't get yourself into this situation again without being certain of your feelings. I know you're going to hurt this guy and that's probably unavoidable... You don't sound willing or capable to put the work in necessary to having a good and productive relationship. That's fine... But by being selfish, here, you are hurting people who I know you've at least pretended to care about. You didn't have to get yourself into this position. Remember, and learn, from the choices you make... Or you gain nothing.

Best of luck... I know you'll do the right thing as that is the only thing available.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Apr 12, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Let me tell you now when you choose to go out with someone you must look at who they are and what sort of person they are. You are obviously not ready to marry your fiancé at the moment, but let me tell you if his mate is ready to have a crack at you then he is not a guy you would be wanting to spend your time with he is obviously just a slease. You want to be with someone who is happy for there friends and not trying to get in on there misus no matter how much you think you may like this guy. At the moment he does want you cause he hasn't got you his mate has and well when his got you and that may be when you realise its not so great on the other side.

Actually I'm am starting to wonder what sought of person and what morals you have anyhow to start to think about your future husbands friend in this way, there are plenty of guys in the world and you go down this path. I hope in the end you end up alone and with neither of them cause that's what you deserve... You are obviously very insecure and need to be happy with yourself before you can be with someone else and give yourself to them. I wish I new the guy cause I feel bad for him cause your being such a cow and if you stay with him its obviously just fopr security reasons... and will not work cause you will probably find yourself cheating... I think you're a cow...
    Stunning07 Posts: 193, Reputation: 25

Apr 12, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Maybe you truly do love the guy your about to marry but, this feeling your having with this guy is new.. and your just curious... what ever you do think before your about to do it... you might loose what you already have... but if your not happy tell him how you feel... the only way you will realise how much you love the guy your going to marry is if you realise how much he means to you, when you loose that person you learn to realise that... just speaking from my experience, (watch rumor has it!) it will kind of relate to you good luck
    Copperhead6 Posts: 132, Reputation: 51

Apr 12, 2007, 09:22 PM
    I think your crazy for ever getting engaged in the first place. Your not in love with this other guy. And you are going to end up screwed whichever way you turn. But in all honesty, you need to give that ring back as soon as possible, step back from the situation and take a break from the fiancée. Find out what it is you want and then go from there. Just hope u didn't mess up big time!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 09:42 PM
    I would have to say that you're no where near being ready to get married.
    I would also have to say that your boyfriends "friend" is bad news.
    No good friend goes after his or her girlfriend/boyfriend...
    The guy is not showing one of his better character qualities by flirting with you - that's low to go behind his friends back like that...
    Don't stoop to his level by falling for his lines...
    If you want to explore life, that's fine... break it off with your boyfriend first.
    But remember this, if your boyfriends friend is willing to do that to him, imagine what he'll do behind your back... So be careful...
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Apr 12, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Being nervous of "marriage" is OK, it is a big deal. But a strong attraction to another man during your engagement signals you are more than nervous, you are not ready. Postpone the wedding, if there is a date set. Take some time and be sure. Don't go through with the wedding out of obligation or someone's expectations. A marriage can only last if both partners are in it equally and with true commitment. I strongly urge you to take some additional time to work through this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I can't choose between two men. [ 6 Answers ]

So here's the background on me. Got out of a four year relationship about two years ago, and since have basically just had friends with benefits and strings of one and two month relationships. I know it's wrong, and that I've lost my "moral compass" but I'm dating two people. One of them,...

Who should I choose [ 5 Answers ]

OK I'm going out with this guy and I love him and everything but there's another guy that I also like and I no he likes me. But the problem is, is that I'm stuck between both of them. They both told me that they love hanging out with me becoz I make them happy. I don't no which I too choose. I love...

Who should I choose? [ 12 Answers ]

I have been single for quite a while and then all of a sudden I met a friend who I was at school with which was over 5 years ago for names sake I will call him John, well we became friends and then one day out of the blue he asked me out, we get on really well as friends and was a bit shocked when...

Which one to Choose? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm quite new to computer and I've been asked to advise on which Program to choose for a company-Off-the-shelve application package or Bespoke Application package. Please help me to give a very meaningful answer as to the advantages and disadvanges each have over the other. Thank you.

View more questions Search