Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr j d g Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2015, 04:17 PM
    Do you have to pay 6500dollars declaration fee to leave ghana to come to the uk
    I met a woman who was in the uk for 1 month staying in camden london she said she had to go home because her visa will run out when she returned to ghana she got a new visa that lasts for 6 months and bought a one way ticket to return to the uk and stay at my home with me but when she got to the airport in ghana the imagration officer would not let her get on the plane as he said she has to pay a declaration fee of 6500 dollars she exsplained that she was coming to stay with her boyfriend she showed them the name and address of me but they still wold not let her come they said the fee is so she has money just in case no one shows up at the airport to pick her up and it will not be a financial burdan to the uk that's the reason could you please tell me if this is correct many thanks mr g
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 21, 2015, 04:30 PM
    Did you meet her in person or online?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 21, 2015, 04:31 PM
    Sorry, you are being scammed. I hope you did not give over any money. There is no such stipulation.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 21, 2015, 04:48 PM
    There is no such thing so now you know you are being hustled.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2015, 05:23 PM
    What was P. T. Barnum famous for saying? Even if it really wasn't him that said it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2015, 06:52 PM
    I am sure you sent lots of money.

She never was in the UK. A visa is from the UK government, not African. She could have gotten a new visa in UK.

The cost of the visa is about 150, I hope you did not send more than that.
    Even a new passport and visa is only 300.

Also immigration only stamps her out her country, not question her.

The immigration officer at UK is the one that questions her.

There is no declaration fee, there is no BTA (basic travel allowance) these are all things used in scams.

If you happen to send the money, then what happens, on the way to the airport, there is a traffic accident, and a friend contacts you about 1month later, with a need for money.

This is one of the most famous scams in the entire world.

Just goggle ghana dating scam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Declaration fee to leave Ghana [ 5 Answers ]

A girl who I have been corresponding with says she needs a declaration fee to leave Ghana. Is this a real fee?

I am a U.s. citizen do I have to pay a declaration fee and for how much in ghana [ 4 Answers ]

I am visiting Ghana to exit do I have to pay a declaration fee and for how much?

Does ghana have a declaration fee to leave ghana [ 5 Answers ]

I just wish to know if there is such a thing as a 4000aud fee for people to leave ghana

My boyfriend is being required to pay $6,000 declaration fee in Ghanna to leave there [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been in Accra, Ghana since early February. He purchase some gold land and they mined the gold. He has paid for everything. Now he is ready to return to the United States and the customs officials say that he must pay a $6,000 Declaration Fee! He does not have the money and...

View more questions Search