Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Nov 20, 2015, 06:05 AM
    What is going on at this Mosque?
    Many, many nights and even into the early morning hours there is much action as I drive past a Mosque. Cars in and out all hours. Does anyone know what would be going on?? I find it to be very strange.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 20, 2015, 07:11 AM
    You could look up their event calendar and get some insights. Then it may not be so strange to you.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 20, 2015, 09:46 AM
    Prayer. Readings. Meetings. Religious stuff.

Why would any of this be suspicious? The mosque is one of the most important things in the life of a Muslim. IT gets more activity then most places.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2015, 09:58 AM
    The mosques near me have been busy accepting at all hours donations of food, clothing, disposable diapers, etc. to send overseas to Muslim refugee camps.

Nov 20, 2015, 11:08 AM
    Don't know why they are sending donations to Muslim refugee camps overseas when the refugees are coming here. Look how much they can save on shipping.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2015, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    Don't know why they are sending donations to Muslim refugee camps overseas when the refugees are coming here. Look how much they can save on shipping.
    They aren't ALL coming to the US. And they need help asap.

Nov 20, 2015, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    They aren't ALL coming to the US. And they need help asap.
    I hear you. Why can't some of the Rich Muslim Countries like Saudi Arabia with their banks full of American Dollars take in those people, why do we have to do the heavy lifting all the time? Particularly under the circumstances attached to the muslims.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2015, 11:54 AM
    I hear you. Why can't some of the Rich Muslim Countries like Saudi Arabia with their banks full of American Dollars take in those people, why do we have to do the heavy lifting all the time? Particularly under the circumstances attached to the muslims.
    Because we're a Christian nation that believes in and practices Jesus' second commandment, the Golden Rule.

Nov 20, 2015, 12:05 PM
    The Golden Rule or ethic of reciprocity is a moral maxim or principle which may appear as either a positive or negative injunction: One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself (positive or directive form).

Does that include "Shooting One's Self in the Foot"?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2015, 12:07 PM
    The Golden Rule or ethic of reciprocity is a moral maxim or principle which may appear as either a positive or negative injunction: One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself (positive or directive form).

Does that include "Shooting Ones Self in the Foot"?
    I figured you had an agenda. Now, tell us what's REALLY bothering you.

Nov 20, 2015, 12:10 PM
    I figured you had an agenda. Now, tell us what's REALLY bothering you.
    Maybe you are wrong. I just asked a simple question or should I say a question that could be a problem and then again maybe not.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2015, 12:17 PM
    Maybe you are wrong. I just asked a simple question or should I say a question that could be a problem and then again maybe not.
    Here's a cup of tea and a few cookies. Luisa's available later to give you a relaxing back and neck massage. Her hands are magic.

Nov 20, 2015, 12:20 PM
    Here's a cup of tea and a few cookies. Luisa's available later to give you a relaxing back and neck massage. Her hands are magic.
    I wuve you "Wonderwoman"
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2015, 12:55 PM
    I wuve you "Wonderwoman"
    Thanks. You just made my day! (Pssst, I named myself Wondergirl because, as a librarian and like the patrons I help, I wonder about stuff.)

Nov 20, 2015, 01:01 PM
    Thanks. You just made my day! (Pssst, I named myself Wondergirl because, as a librarian and like the patrons I help, I wonder about stuff.)
    You are welcome, never hurts to have a laugh once in a while. I still wuve You even if you are not Wonder Woman. Also being an ex Policeman, I too wonder.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 20, 2015, 02:28 PM
    I wuve her too! She gives out milk and cookies and massages and who knows what else while I'm still working up a froth. For a rant.

I guess if I were a mosque member, I'd be attending all sorts of meetings, even at all times because of work schedules, to see what I could do to prevent witchhunts, damage to my mosque, as well as how to help with refugees both here and elsewhere.

I don't know where people are getting the idea that refugees will be arriving in droves. My little state has admitted one family per YEAR since war broke out in 2011. FAMILIES. Not 10,000 men in New Orleans like I see all over those two bit sites online, run by socially inept guys in their mother's basements, whose biggest thrills are Photoshop and getting people to believe lies.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2015, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I don't know where people are getting the idea that refugees will be arriving in droves.
    Listen to our esteemed Republican candidates.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2015, 07:38 PM
    Based on all the street urchins from Central and South America he forced on states without any consent. There is plenty of reason to be suspicious of claims by the Administration.

Nov 20, 2015, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Based on all the street urchins from Central and South America he forced on states without any consent. There is plenty of reason to be suspicious of claims by the Administration.
    Without being accused of having an Agenda, I have to agree with you on that. People have a habit of being to trusting and in the end they get burned. Good example of that is what happened in Germany.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2015, 08:58 PM
    Without being accused of having an Agenda, I have to agree with you on that. People have a habit of being to trusting and in the end they get burned. Good example of that is what happened in Germany.
    What I'd like to see is them going after the troublemakers in their midst (and those that support them) with the same gusto and energy PUBLICALLY as they have for people that are suspicious of them. When people see that happening, people might be more willing to trust them.

But given events in the world in recent decades... nobody "DESERVES" to be assumed innocent. You don't let the over eager guy down the street babysit your kids, you don't Let the person down the street that's wrecked ever car they have owned drive your new car. You don't give the keys to your house to someone you just met to take care of your house when you go out of town.

And you don't trust any group implicitly any more than you would trust any other person you don't know.

After each person has earned your respect and trust... then you can. An abundance of caution in all things can prevent certain things from happening because many things can not be undone or forgotten once they happen. That's just the sad reality of the world today. One family I consider as some of my closest friends that have my full trust...are Muslim, several others are Bolivian, another Romanian, Italian, etc...

And nope....I don't trust ANY group or person implicitly, they all have to earn it, ( And quite a few have) and anyone that deserves it can earn it. Doesn't matter what religion or ethnic group they belong to. Got burned too many times in my youth, some by people I had considered friends. That was a hard learned lesson.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can woman enter a mosque during menstruation? [ 3 Answers ]

Can women enter masjid during menstruation

Iftaar in mosque [ 0 Answers ]

Assalamualaikum What is the shryat about iftaar in mosque?

Mosque at Ground Zero [ 905 Answers ]

Hello: So, how are you with that? I'd especially like to hear from those Constitution loving Tea Partiers. excon

What is Mosque [ 1 Answers ]

MOSQUE Masjid Ko Mosque Kehna Kesa Hai

Why is there a loudspeaker on a mosque [ 2 Answers ]

Why do there is a loudspeaker on a mosque Did any moulavi or imam discover a loudspeaker How they managed before the discovery of loudspeaker

View more questions Search