Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Nov 20, 2015, 09:48 PM
    You know, if the Quran has all the verses that call for the maiming, mutilating, killing of people of non-muslim faith then I feel that, the muslim followers who are sitting in a Mosque and taking in those scriptures, they are no better than the terrorists that are full filling the Quran. They should be considered closet terrorists. Look at the masses who cheer what the terrorists have done. Are we to say that the cheerleaders are all terrorists no but they sure are influenced by terrorists deeds.

Just like Obama sitting in Reverend Wright's Church for 20 years. What does that make Obama? Besides his "bestest" friend.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2015, 09:57 PM
    The Old Testament has similar verses that are read in Christian churches every Sunday.

Nov 20, 2015, 09:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The Old Testament has similar verses that are read in Christian churches every Sunday.
    Are Christians running around acting out the Old Testament?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2015, 10:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    Are Christians running around acting out the Old Testament?
    Yup, the evangelicals and fundamentalists are.

Nov 20, 2015, 10:50 PM
    Wonder how many Christians and Muslims have been killed, maimed, or beheaded by evangelicals and fundamentalists? Oh, and lets not forget Sharia Law "honor killings" even in this country. Very peaceful practices.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 21, 2015, 03:38 AM
    Not like we haven't been down this road before,

United States Policy Toward Jewish Refugees, 1941–1952

People scare easily and act out of fear.

@catonsville, Aren't you exaggerating the masses who cheer for the barbarism of the thugs (most of whom are the victims) and minimizing the true masses who flee from them? Sure you are, just as you take the one comment out of the numerous he has made over years, of Rev.Wright (the church is multiracial, look it up) and conflated it way out of proportion.

I certainly understand your fear, but not when it distorts the facts and elevates a FEW cult thugs to a level they do NOT deserve. Dangerous and a threat that must be dealt with like any disruptive criminal organization, but factually, few Muslims are running to their call and MANY are doing just the opposite.

How do you ignore the fact that 1.7 billion are NOT supporting these criminals?

Nov 21, 2015, 05:29 AM
    All I can say for sure is be vigilant. When you have 1.7 billion, how many does it take to form a mass? I am afraid this government is not willing to do all that they could do to protect the country. You seem to be cool with what is happening, would you be happy for a mass of muslims ,say even a small mass, taking over your local government and telling you that you are now governed by Sharia Law? If you come back and say I am putting words in your mouth, well I feel the same way.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2015, 05:42 AM
    Got to disagree with you on that point Wondergirl.

If that was happening you WOULD be hearing about it non-stop on the liberal anti-christian drive by media. And we aren't.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 21, 2015, 05:56 AM
    I still think you are letting the actions of a few define the many. One guy can scare the hell out of a community and we can't stop him either, as in the case of school shootings, movies, and restaurants, and they aren't Muslims.

The part about local government imposing Sharia law is outlandish unless you have some examples we could examine. Clearly under US law the barbarism is totally illegal, and violators go to jail so what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post

If that was happening you WOULD be hearing about it non-stop on the liberal anti-christian drive by media. And we aren't.
    The media critics are themselves Christians.
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2015, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I still think you are letting the actions of a few define the many. One guy can scare the hell out of a community and we can't stop him either, as in the case of school shootings, movies, and restaurants, and they aren't Muslims.

The part about local government imposing Sharia law is outlandish unless you have some examples we could examine. Clearly under US law the barbarism is totally illegal, and violators go to jail so what's up with that?

The media critics are themselves Christians.
    The Media themselves are HIGHLY biased against anyone who is not Atheist or liberal, in fact they have a particular bias against Christians and Jews.. If the Evangelicals or Fundamentalists were doing anything they would take great delight in reporting on it.

And a highly biased media NEEDS a lot of critics pointing out their actions.

What the world needs more than anything...is a media that ISN'T biased. And just does their job reporting on facts without twisting them...spinning them, omitting inconvenient facts or fabricating them to fit the story, as many have been caught doing. ( Like that actually has any chance of happening in our lifetimes)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2015, 10:04 AM

We have heard about it. Worse than killing -- destroying lives and reputations because of supposed sins committed against misunderstood Biblical laws.

Nov 21, 2015, 10:16 AM
    We have heard about it. Worse than killing -- destroying lives and reputations because of supposed sins committed against misunderstood Biblical laws.
    Wondergirl, sorry you sure make me wonder.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2015, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I still think you are letting the actions of a few define the many.
    I agree, and The Center for American Progress, an independent nonpartisan policy institute, reported --

The Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, or ISIS, is pursuing a strategy explicitly desined to provoke hostility toward innocent Muslims in Western society in order to radicalize these communities and recruit them to their cause. Listening to the American political debate in the wake of the tragic terrorist attacks in Paris, that strategy may be working. Islamophobic rants are both morally offensive and factually inaccurate and play right into the hands of our terrorist enemies.

ISIS is not hiding its objectives. In its publications, it talks of forcing the world into two camps by “destroy[ing] the grayzone” between itself and the forces aligned against it. For ISIS, the grayzone is inhabited by those who have yet to commit to one side in its clash of civilizations. In the February edition of its official magazine Dabiq, an ISIS writer outlined a plan to compel “the crusaders [the West] to actively destroy the grayzone themselves” by generating anti-Muslim hysteria in the wake of terrorism. Attacks such as those in Paris are designed to get Western governments to alienate their Muslim populations and push them toward ISIS.

This fits with what Graeme Wood wrote in the March Atlantic -- What ISIS Really Wants - The Atlantic

AND “The greater the hostility toward Muslims in Europe and the deeper the West becomes involved in military action in the Middle East, the closer ISIS comes to its goal of creating and managing chaos,” write Scott Atran and Nafees Hamid in “The War ISIS wants,” an article in the New York Review of Books.

Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    Wondergirl, sorry you sure make me wonder.
    I grew up and lived for years in the insulated world of fundamentalism and evangelicalism. I don't wonder at all what that kind of thinking has done to upset and ruin people's lives.
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2015, 11:29 AM
    Must be local news... Pretty rare anything like that makes national news. And even then it is usually someone getting frisky with someone they shouldn't.

Which is really something quite common among the population... (and for a fact does happen frequently among Muslims too, The stories I could tell you that I've been told by Muslim friends, except for the Hyman restoration surgery so they can pretend to be virgins again...the rest is quite a lot like every other group). They are no more faithful to their spouses than anyone else. Though they may be a bit more tolerant of it (meaning not as quick to divorce)

Now what Jim Baker did a long time ago... he did rightfully go to jail for.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2015, 11:35 AM
    Must be local news... Pretty rare anything like that makes national news. And even then it is usually someone getting frisky with someone they shouldn't.
    Nope. Has been happening for years right under your nose.
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2015, 11:38 AM
    Nope/ Has been happening for years right under your nose.
    No different than the media does to Republican Candidates while ignoring transgressions of the Democrats... etc... etc... and again we are back to the bias of the media.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2015, 11:41 AM
    Must be local news... Pretty rare anything like that makes national news.
    I didn't say anything about national news. The personal heartbreak and social stigma produced by fundamentalists and evangelicals don't make the papers, but they are real and devastating nonetheless.
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2015, 11:55 AM
    I didn't say anything about national news. The personal heartbreak and social stigma produced by fundamentalists and evangelicals don't make the papers, but they are real and devastating nonetheless.
    Atheists do it constantly too... you see a sample of it on this site.

What's that biblical saying... Let he without sin cast the first stone. If that was followed nobody would ever be picking up rocks to throw at anyone anyplace.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2015, 12:30 PM
    Atheists do it constantly too... you see a sample of it on this site.

What's that biblical saying... Let he without sin cast the first stone. If that was followed nobody would ever be picking up rocks to throw at anyone anyplace.
    So let's you and me start a site-wide effort not to cast stones! (Right now, the stones in my yard are covered by seven inches of heavy, wet snow. And it's still falling. Sooooo pretty, but....)
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2015, 12:32 PM
    So let's you and me start a site-wide effort not to cast stones! (Right now, the stones in my yard are covered by seven inches of heavy, wet snow. And it's still falling. Sooooo pretty, but....)
    Snowballs are fun.. and relieve stress as long as they aren't iceballs... or have stones in them.

Please keep all that snow up there... I don't want any of it this winter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can woman enter a mosque during menstruation? [ 3 Answers ]

Can women enter masjid during menstruation

Iftaar in mosque [ 0 Answers ]

Assalamualaikum What is the shryat about iftaar in mosque?

Mosque at Ground Zero [ 905 Answers ]

Hello: So, how are you with that? I'd especially like to hear from those Constitution loving Tea Partiers. excon

What is Mosque [ 1 Answers ]

MOSQUE Masjid Ko Mosque Kehna Kesa Hai

Why is there a loudspeaker on a mosque [ 2 Answers ]

Why do there is a loudspeaker on a mosque Did any moulavi or imam discover a loudspeaker How they managed before the discovery of loudspeaker

View more questions Search