Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brent1956 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2015, 11:26 PM
    Grinding noise front wheel when turning in either direction
    When i pull away with my honda crv there is a grinding noise then it goes away as soon as i make a left or right turn i hear a loud grinding noise like steel against steel and the front wheel kind of viberates when you watch it.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2015, 07:09 AM
    Sounds like a problem with the front disc brakes. You may need new rotors and pads (use premium ceramic pads). Make sure to clean and lubricate the caliper pins with silicone grease. The cause of the problem should become clear, once you remove the wheel, caliper, and rotor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grinding noise when turning right [ 8 Answers ]

Toyota Corolla 2002 I went on vacation for two weeks (car sat in driving for the duration). After I came back I noticed that every time I make a right turn I hear this grinding noise. The noise seems to be consistent with the speed (i.e. if my speed is fast then the grinding noise is fast). I...

Grinding noise when turning left [ 5 Answers ]

2006 Kia Optima LX. It has recently started making a screeching/grinding noise (sort of like metal being dragged) when I turn left. It starts after I have been driving for about 15 minutes at speeds over 40mph... but once it starts, it continues even at slower speeds. It immediately stops once I...

My honda crv makes a grinding noise when turning [ 7 Answers ]

The noise only occurs on slow turns, it is in both directions. It sounds like rubber turning on a smooth surface.

Grinding noise when turning wheel [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I was hoping someone could give some feedback on my issue. I just purchased a 95 Lincoln Continental. 94k miles. I notice that when I turn the wheel left, it makes a grinding or growling noise. The noise stops when I stop turning the wheel. I looked under the front and noticed CV boot ripped...

Grinding noise turning right [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Pontiac Grand AM and yesterday I started hearing a grinding noise when I make a right hand turn. Any thoughts?

View more questions Search