Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lanejlane Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Get rid of My ANTS!
    I have ants in my bathroom and my sink. How do I get rid of them? I've put the poison on the beds, but they still thrive. Help me.:confused:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 09:16 AM
    I have had great results with an ant bait made by Terro. Try this site for more info Ant Problem? Terro = Ant Control Solutions The bait I used has you tear small square of cardborad from the package. You put one drop of the bait on each square. The ants carry it back to the nest where it kills the quen. You will see dead guys for several day, just vac them up.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 12, 2007, 09:39 AM
    I have had decent results with these bait products. If you go to Home Depot they will know all about them.
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Apr 12, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Getting rid of ants can be a real challenge. First, it helps to know what kind of ants they are. In the pest control field we have a basic philosophy that we use for ant control... "SOS"... "seek out source". Most pesticides that are available to the public are designed to satisfy the customer by killing the critters fast. Usually on contact. The best method is to apply "bait" type pesticides that treat the colony rather than the foraging ants. Baits are taken back to the colony (nest) and are either fed to, or otherwise exposed to the colony on a larger scale. I've found that the best baits are usually the slowest to kill the ants but have a greater success in controlling future infestations. Good luck.
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Apr 13, 2007, 11:24 AM
    If you run a line of flour around either the place they are entering from or if unsure around the room for some weird reason they do not cross it.

Has worked for me
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 13, 2007, 11:28 AM
    You can do the line idea with diatomaceous earth also. It actually kills them, not just stops their path.
    palotree41 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lanejlane
    I have ants in my bathroom and my sink. How do I get rid of them? I've put the poison on the beds, but they still thrive. Help me.:confused:
    I frequently have ants in the bathroom, use clorox and clean under the sink. They love water...
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

May 14, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Terro is the best!! I have NEVER found anything that works like Terro! I know it sounds like I am promoting it, but I would any day!

TERRO works, Nothing else compares!!

I had ants in my dining room, kitchen, bathrooms, on walls in hallway, basement, and every where outside my house, I tried everything! I had professionals at my house spraying, it did nothing but make the ants stronger I think. Then I got TERRO and in 2 days, I was ant free!

I put TERRO in my dining room and put TERRO stakes outside, now I am ANT FREE!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fire Ants [ 5 Answers ]

I am from east Texas,and need some advice on killing these fire ants.just ran up on this site some how,and glad I did.sounds like fun and informative.just wanted to say hi to all.

Ants and sugar [ 2 Answers ]

Do ants like brown sugar or white sugar more? Please help me... I put sugar in to different saucers and I have ants but I don't know which they like more

Help With Ants [ 3 Answers ]

We live in a very sandy area and have lots of leaf cutter ants. (I'm not sure that is the correct name) The ants are red and have long spidery legs. They make trails when they are searching for whatever they are going to cut down. You may have a flower bed with beautiful flowers in it today and by...

Ants in my home [ 6 Answers ]

Dose anyone have a good home remedy to get rid of ants, something that's safe for kids to be around?

Ants [ 7 Answers ]

Does anybody know any good tips for getting rid of ants?

View more questions Search