Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roel Zylstra Posts: 84, Reputation: 14
    Tech entrepreneur, perpetual student,lover of life

Nov 16, 2015, 06:55 PM
    Intex/Bestway filter pump pressure flow curves
    Are pressure/flow curves for either Intex or Bestway pumps available? Support at each of those companies said no, though I think if I spoke to an engineer they would give me another answer.

On another note, I see many pressure/flow curves that extend to zero flow - Waterway's curves for example. Most full size pool pumps have flow rates above 50 gpm. What will happen if I run a pump at low flow, e.g. 3 gpm, by restricting the outlet? This is equivalent to raising the water, as far as the pump is concerned. Will this burn out the pump? If so, then why do the manufacturers show curves extending to zero flow? If not, then why do the pumps technicians tell me (when I call them) that it will?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 16, 2015, 07:51 PM
    Does this help you http://www.documentation.emersonproc...ul2007x012.pdf

Nov 16, 2015, 08:04 PM
    Wow, yes, for my second question group it does. Very interesting. I'll have to read it more in depth.

Nov 17, 2015, 01:54 PM
    I see now that what I thought would be the interesting part, Flow Chart 2, is for gases; so it brings no enlightenment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New pool pump motor... low pressure low return flow [ 3 Answers ]

We bought a home with warranty,the pool motor and timer went out... repair company replaced the motor and internal timer mechanism... it is 1 horse 220 volt system... had an eplus motor on it and the pressure was about 10 to 12 pounds on the gauge and the return flow was obvious...

Pump won't lite after cleaning filter and inner filter [ 1 Answers ]

Filter was complet mush and guk, also in the pump I took out and cleaned the screen , all good now, I primed filter and pump but still would not ignite. Blnk blk blk, after 3 second hold button furnace attempts then must hold for 30 secs to reset from lockout. SO after many attemps, "does it every...

Do I need a filter or a pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone. New here. I have a Hayward DE filter that's tired(10 seasons), and looses pressure after about 15 minutes of use requiring me to go "bump" the pressure. When I do that, its fine for another 15, all the while the pump has stayed on and running seemingly smooth. Do I just need a new...

View more questions Search