Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rlgregorysr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2015, 11:27 AM
    Why won't the mower model number 917254642 shut off when you turn the key off
    I have a craftsman riding lawn mower model number 917254642 that won't shut off after you shut the engine down it will contuine to run until you touch it with something medel to medel. Can you tell me what may be causing this problem?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 15, 2015, 04:55 PM
    So do you mean the engine keeps running after you turn the key to off? What metal item did you touch to what part of the mower to kill the engine?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Nov 25, 2015, 05:06 PM
    Hi,
    Well obviously it lacks a ground somewhere. I would first check to make sure that all four of the bolts that fasten the engine to the frame are tight, seen that do it. Your description seems to be that you are creating a ground.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn mower key won't turn [ 1 Answers ]

Riding lawnmower has been sitting for a couple of years outside without starting, key won't turn, is there a possible quick fix or am I doomed

Rear wheels on mower lock up (won't turn ) model # 917.374356 [ 0 Answers ]

Only in reverse one or both wheels lock up making it difficult to use [email protected]

My lawn mower want start when I turn on the key [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn mower won't start when I turn on the key

MTD Rider mower-Nothing on key turn [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, First question on this forum, thanks in advance for any help. I have a Yard Machines by MTD rider with (I believe) a 14.5 horse B&S engine. Used over the winter with the snow plow attachment and worked fine until one time when I went to use it and turned the key but sounded like the...

View more questions Search