Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2015, 07:37 AM
    Insurance Agent
    Insurance agent on my house was assigned to me many years ago. He never did help me in any way. Throughout the years
    Recently he sent me a nasty letter because I was shopping around. Am I compelled to keep this rude agent, I always pay the premium directly to the insurance company. Does he get a commission off my premium? Could I pick my own agent?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 15, 2015, 07:53 AM
    Sure you can choose another agent but also you should speak to someone at the company and forward the corespondence to them so they can keep this person in check. They dont need agents ticking off the client base.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 15, 2015, 07:53 AM
    Call insurance company. I would certainly think there is more than one agent for that company in your area. Yes, he still gets his commission no matter how your pay.
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2015, 10:55 AM
    Very good advice. All thee years he has been receiving commission. Despite calling me a scumbag, just because I was looking at another insurance company.
    Thanks again
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2015, 11:56 AM
    Don't know what insurance company you have but I would most certainly let the company know. Is this a general agent or a direct writer? e.g.-Allstate, State Farm etc.
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2015, 12:03 PM
    Gulfstream Insurance been with them for 15 years. Home Insurance.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2015, 03:51 PM
    Looking at their numbers, they are a small insurance company based in SC. Florida has issues because of flood and wind. All insurance there is going to be expensive. You are under no obligation to ANY company or agent. Check with ALFA, American Family Insurance, Allstate, State Farm, GEICO-USAA if a Vet, or other much larger companies.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2015, 10:37 PM
    To answer your question, yes they make a commission each time you pay. About 10 to 15 percent of your payment is their commission.

Unless your agent owns the agency and/or is a broker over the account, you can change agents. You can contact either the agency manager or the company office.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2015, 04:14 AM
    Leo is a Agent/Broker manager that is bad-mannered. Thanks the insurance main office is in SC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance Agent [ 14 Answers ]

Years ago my neighbour was assigned an insurance agent for his property insurance. It was a state run insurance carrier who also arrogated his coverage to another insurance carrier along with the insurance agent. He is not happy with the insurance agent they assigned him. The agent has never...

How to get clearing and forwarding agent licence in kenya? I wanted to be an agent. [ 0 Answers ]

How to get clearing and forwarding agent licence in kenya? I wanted to be an agent.

Can I get licensed as an insurance agent in TX with a DWI (misdemeanor)? [ 1 Answers ]

Got a DWI in TX 2 years ago and now want to apply to become and insurance agent. I am not sure if I am bondable, and if I should waste my money applying.

Insurance Agent. [ 3 Answers ]

How many of you are just starting in a life insurance career. How do you find it. How many appointments do you make a week and how many do you close. WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR LEADS? Are you on a drw or straight commission or are you an independent. I would like to know this because I have been...

Insurance Agent [ 1 Answers ]

How much would a insurance agent make a year working through a firm like state farm or allstate in a small town of about 20000 people.

View more questions Search