Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    booklover6541 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2015, 11:53 AM
    Depressed Teenager
    I'm a seventh grade girl who is depressed to the point where I want to commit suicide. At home, my mom and dad give my two younger brothers all the attention. I've tried numerous times to talk to them but they just say that I'm being too weak. At school, I'm a Straight A student. I am one of the most unpopular people in school and have one friend. She doesn't have any idea that I'm depressed. I joined many clubs at school such as: Community Service Club, National Honor Juniors Society, Volleyball, Honor Guitar, and Honor Orchestra; but all these clubs seem to just add to the stress. I have considered so many ways to commit suicide, but have never decided to do any of them yet. Is there any way to escape my depression?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 11, 2015, 12:15 PM
    Talk to an adult who will listen like one or ALL of those teachers who give you "A's". Maybe they can help your parents LISTEN better.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2015, 02:22 PM
    Popularity on Jr. And Sr. High schools is grossly overrated. First... its only a few short years.. secondly. Except at class reunions every 5 years, you likely won't see any of them again. Popularity is High school also does not equal success as an adult. Many people don't even really bloom until after high school.

In fact... the real world shares little with High school. For the most part you don't have the stupid little cliques you have in school... once you are working for a living and supporting yourself.. you find most adults really don't have time for that. And adults are more likely to judge you for how you present yourself... unlike the childish mob mentality of high school where if you don't think like your friends they toss you out of the group. Adults (most of them anyway) prefer to think for themselves... and don't worry NEARLY as much about what others think.

But you have to be around to discover all the things you perceive right now... might have been wrong (and that's true for MOST teens), or stop being issues.

Younger siblings NEED more guidance...you are getting older and have more responsibility they haven't learned yet. You aren't being ignored...you are being given the chance to show some of that maturity and responsibility.

Lots of good things will be there for you in a few short years. Don't dwell excessively in the here and now.. or particularly what happened before.

Talk to a counselor, maybe a trusted teacher...
    Lonelygymnast Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2016, 08:04 PM
    You are close to becoming a teenager. You will feel strange and upset but suicide is not the way to go. I personally know from experience that it hurts the people around you to an unbearable extent. Just don't. A few short years of life really sucks. But then its all over and you will see that theses years really didn't matter. I personally have no friends. Cherish the one you have. Who needs more than one anyway?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being a teenager. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a teenagee girl, I'm 15. This questions to all people past their teenage years, it's simple really, all I want to know is 'how was your teenage years?' I'm just plainly curious. Things like friends, boy/girlfriends, first kisss, mood swings, how you got on with family, sad/happy...

What does it mean if your depressed but don't know what your depressed about? [ 1 Answers ]

I feel down all the time... I'm also stressed... I can't really stand to be around kids anymore even my own... I have no friends and I go no wheres all I do is sit at home with my kids... I have people around that don't treat my kids the same as they do others and I don't know why cause one of them...

Teenager [ 3 Answers ]

What do u do when a mother puts her 17 year old out that has not grauated from high school and she needs to be enrolled in high school by her godmother do u need to get custody. She only has 7months before she turns 18. I really don't understand what to do because of her age.

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

Is this just me being a teenager? [ 5 Answers ]

I feel so stressed, and so cut off from all of my friends! I feel like I'm pushing them away by telling them how I feel and I've gotten to the point where I don't realise my feelings until I've said them. Over the past few months I've become different from how I used to be! I've been feeling sick...

View more questions Search