Ask
    dogtalker Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2015, 09:23 PM
    How to torque 2007 Chevy HHR automatic Transmission pan
    There are 11 8mm bolts,what is the rule of thumb for tightening them
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2015, 07:20 PM
    Follow the spiral tightening sequence, starting in the middle for non-circular bolt patterns. Tighten each bolt a little bit and then go back and tighten to spec or just snug them up. Don't over-tighten, since the bolts are going into aluminum--allow the gasket to do its job. I think you have a 12-bolt pan.

09 5 1 4 8 12

10 6 2 3 7 11

The exact sequence is not that important on transmission oil pans. I would start in the center, however, and move outward in a criss-cross pattern as much as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Error code po442 on 2007 chevy hhr [ 1 Answers ]

What steps do I take when I just got an check engine light code PO442 on my 2007 chevy hhr

93 chevy s10 blazer 4x4 vortec, transmission pan removal? [ 2 Answers ]

Any 1 know how to remove the trans. Pan to change the filter and leaking gasket? It has a cross member going from 1 side of the frame to the tramsmission, the to the other side of the frame , and if it was moved like 1 inch I could get the pan out, but not sure if that's safe Any 1 did...

Automatic Transmission shifts [ 1 Answers ]

Ford: Automatic transmission shifts 1,3 OD,No 2nd gear

Generic Automatic Transmission [ 1 Answers ]

Generally, does the AT fluid go through the torque converter before or after it reaches the cooler? Thanks

Shifting an Automatic Transmission [ 3 Answers ]

My buddy has a 1999 Chevy Cavalier. It is a 4 speed automatic. He likes to pretend it is a 4 speed Manual. So he throws it into 1 gear and then he does burnouts and stuff like that in it. He will then let off the gas pedal shift to 2 gear and slam on the throttle. It shifts and does fine. Well one...

View more questions Search