Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    p2bblack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 05:17 AM
    Repairing Shower Faucet
    Can anyone provide me instruction on replacing a shower faucet. The water will not shut off so I have to replace the valve??
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 07:35 AM
    I think many of us could give you the instructions but it will not be more clear than the instruction and diagrams you will find in the new faucet package. Lets get started at a basic level. Shut off the water at your main and release the line pressure. Remove the knob and bezel. Likely you will see a large hex holding the faucet valve gutts together. Remove it and you will find a cartridge or a valve. Whatever you find take it to a good store or plumbing supply house, not necessarily Home Depot or Lowe's. It may be easier and much cheaper to rebuild your current valve than replacing. Replacing a shower valve inside a wall can get dicey with old pipes, cramped spce and propane flame.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water suppressor needed on lavatory faucet and shower faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

Are water suppressors needed in the bathroom sink faucet and the shower stub out also? And can you just use a length of pipe on a T, or must you use those copper chambers? (cpvc system) thanks

Shower faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hot and a cold faucet in my shower. The cold water faucet has to be turned and fully extended to make the water discharge. The discharge is very weak. How do I troubleshoot this problem? What part is failing?

Repairing a basement stall shower [ 2 Answers ]

There is an existing stall shower in the basement, however it isn't hooked up anymore. I want to fix it up and get it going, but I have never done anything like this before... any suggestions?

Shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, When I turn on the shower the water still runs out of faucet.

Shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I had a plumber out to replace the cartridge in my shower faucet because the shower head was dripping It has stopped leaking but now I don't have much hot water coming out. Is this something I can fix myself?

View more questions Search