Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eddiemillion Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2015, 08:51 AM
    How to move Microsoft office 2007 database file to another computer
    I have just finished my database and wants to deploy it to another computer.I past it on the c:\user\user\documents directory, when I launch the program I cant log in and I can only see the database though the nav pane, but cant make entries and selection. Please can anyone help me out
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 5, 2015, 09:02 AM
    First, is this a stand alone database meaning a single accdb file? Second, did you set up a Trusted Location on the second computer? Do you see an Enable option when the database loads? Third, you said:

when I launch the program I cant log in and I can only see the database though the nav pane
    Do you have a separate login form? Does that form appear? Do you get any error messages?

Nov 5, 2015, 09:42 AM
    Yes I have a form called (Login Dialog) I can select employee list and also enter password but when I press the enter key it does nothing, this happens on the new computer only but I can move around the database freely on the main computer where it was originally created

Nov 5, 2015, 10:05 AM
    Is the login Dialog form set (in Options) as the default form? What is the code behind the after Update event of the password control?

Did you set the folder as a Trusted Location?

Nov 6, 2015, 06:50 AM
    Yes after update I have selected the [Event Procedure] also before update [Event Procedure]
    As for the trusted location I don't know how?

Nov 6, 2015, 09:12 AM
    That doesn't tell me what the code actually is. Event Procedure just tells you there is a VBA procedure behind the event. I need to know what the code is.

Also Trusted locations are set in File>Options. When you first load the app, it should prompt you to enable the app if its not in a Trusted Location. Did you do that? If not the code you have won't run.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows Vista, Microsoft office 2007, Microsoft equation 3.0 [ 5 Answers ]

I have Microsoft Vista which I do not think really makes that much of a difference but I have Microsoft Office 2007 and I need to use Microsoft equation 3.0. I know I have it on my computer because I found it. I just don't know how to use it. I have taken a couple of tutorials and still can not...

Free Microsoft office 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

I want Microsoft office 2007 from somewhere as my other one does not work as it says it has already been used on 3 computers even tough I uninstalled them from my other computer. So can I get a response of where I can micro soft 2007 for free. Thxs!!

Download Microsoft office 2007 [ 6 Answers ]

In what way I will download Microsoft office 2007 absolutely free.:(

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 download [ 3 Answers ]

I there a way I can download free Microsoft Office Outlook 2007? Thank you so very much for any help.

View more questions Search