Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brenda Neeson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2015, 05:26 PM
    Powerpoint fridge freezer faults
    My powerpoint fridge freezer has started to beep and defrost. It doesn't defrost totally and the beeping doesn't last very long. But can't keep food in it. The fridge seems to be OK.
    It is 12 yrs old
    Model is srf 285
    Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2015, 05:02 PM
    You need to get a meter and check the defrost heater. Remove the cover to the freezer coils after you let it stand unplugged for a while with freezer door open. Let all of the ice melt; use hot water on coils to melt ice, if necessary. When you get it thawed out remove the cover to the freezer coils and inspect the defrost heater and the defrost terminator. If the heater is bad, replace both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Magic Chef fridge with top freezer: refrigerater warms up but freezer still working [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Magic Chef frost free fridge bought in 2001. For the last few years, the fridge slowly gets warm, to be about 15C, but the top freezer stays cold, to at least -12 or so. It seems to only do this in warm/humid weather. My MO has been to defrost the whole thing in September when the...

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: freezer cold, fridge warm. Solution! [ 0 Answers ]

Surprised! Embarrassed! My wife had accidentally covered the return vent under the bottom left drawer. I didn't catch it until much later. Thanks to any who tried to help. Bruce Hi everyone, Freezer cold. Removed freezer inside back panel. No excess frost on evaporator. Air duct...

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: freezer cold, fridge warm. [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Freezer cold. Removed freezer inside back panel. No excess frost on evaporator. Air duct to fridge seems clear. Circulating fan is running. Fridge thermostat fan is holding baffle wide open. Air exiting duct is at about 33 degrees F. Very little air comes through duct if the...

Maytag fridge (MTB1956DEW) problem - freezer frosting up, fridge not staying cold [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Maytag fridge with top freezer. The model # is MTB1956DEW. Over the last week, my freezer continuously frosts up with lost of crystal ice on the back and top while at the same time the fridge section below is not staying cold at all. I really like this fridge and really don't want to...

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES). Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't....

View more questions Search