Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2015, 01:03 PM
    Pull cord light socket
    We have an older light fixture,floor lamp,with unique sockets,(see pictures) ,does anyone know where I can purchase replacements or some way to rebuild them.. they seem simple enough. Thanks in advance. Ken
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 4, 2015, 01:15 PM
    What pictures?
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2015, 03:57 PM
    Pull chain light socket
    Rephrasing o/p.
    Older light fixture,sockets are both bad,seeking replacement pieces,see attached photos of the old ones.unable to add pictures on smartphone,any help would be appreciated
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2015, 03:59 PM
    Attachment 47922
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2015, 08:04 PM
    "You have attempted to view a Attachment that no longer is available. Please click one of the links in the menu to continue." Still can't see what you are talking about.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 4, 2015, 09:04 PM
    Ken, I hope you don't mind, but I copied your picture to insert it in a post.

Ken's picture:
    Attached Images

hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 5, 2015, 05:50 AM
    This looks like someones jerry rigged job. Replace with an octagonal box and a bulb holder (with pull chain). Should cost you about $3 and take 30 minutes.
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2015, 05:59 AM
    They are factory inserts,just not standard pull down style,they mounted from the sides,the sockets dropped-in and the pull chains rolled from the tops instead of the sides...
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2015, 05:36 PM
    Not really possible with a floor lamp.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 6, 2015, 07:08 AM
    Ken,

In this case, the picture is about 999 words short of 100 words in terms of a description.

From what I see, it looks as if the socket is mounted to a studding. If there is more we need to see to understand the installation, you need to either tell us or add some more pictures.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building costume wings; need a pull-cord mechanism that locks, pull to retract [ 0 Answers ]

Hello! I'm building a pair of costume wings, and I need to find a mechanism that will allow me to do the following: 1) Raise the wings by pulling on a cord or cable 2) Lock in place at a certain length 3) Retract upon pulling again Any suggestions (and links to specific products) would...

Pull cord light switch [ 2 Answers ]

The cord has been pulled from the light switch. I have removed it but its in lots of parts. How do I reassemble it. Don't want to buy another.

Pull Cord won't pull on my Briggs and Stratton 650 Series push mower [ 5 Answers ]

Ok here goes... The pull cord is stuck. Its pulls out about 4 inches then the cord stops. Looking into the cord area ontop of mower, I notice a small white plastic piece getting caught in a notch built into the cord housing. Now... when I loosen the cord a little bit, I can slide a butter knife...

Bathroom light, fan, pull cord wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have had to replace the plasterboard on my bathroom ceiling due to a leak, but the details for where the wires connected, were written down but seem to be wrong. I need to connect the wires from the light pull cord to the light fitting to the fan.

Pull cord light switch [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled the cord from my pull cord light switch. What should I do? Do I have to replace the whole fixture or can I replace the cord? OHH!! Before I forget the cord is totally pulled out. There is no cord visible. I haven't take the fixture off Thanks for all the help:confused:

View more questions Search