Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Encourager60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2015, 11:49 AM
    How do I obtain my records from foster care
    Really trying to obtain my foster records. From Windham Foster Care (at the time it was located on One Park Avenue), now named (Graham-Windham). Believe I was introduced to the foster care system between 1957-1973. Please, help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 4, 2015, 01:31 PM
    Have you spoken to them? You have to go back to the agency that handled your care (or their successors) to see if the records are available.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2015, 10:51 PM
    You would have to contact the agency, and ask for the records, (if they still exist, or what records may still exist) Depending on the law in your area, you may also need an attorney to prove a need for such records in a pending or current legal action.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my foster care records [ 2 Answers ]

I was in foster care in May or June of 1977, I was only around 2 yrs old and only have scattered memories of it. My parents got me back a year or so later, but will not give me any details of what happpenesld or the family(s) I was with. Can you please help me find records of this time of my...

How do I get my foster care records [ 0 Answers ]

how can I get foster care records?

Foster care records [ 1 Answers ]

How can I obtain m records from the division of foster care in NYC fro 1963?

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

Foster care records [ 1 Answers ]

I am the same I want to now why I was put in foster and moved around I'm 20 like and I need to close the case on what happed how can we get them

View more questions Search