Ask
    glamom71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2015, 07:38 PM
    Heater
    How to light pilot on a old gas heater
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2015, 08:18 PM
    Find the gas valve and turn to "pilot". Open the front of the heater. Either push down the valve knob or button, whatever you have. Hold down and put a long match or lighter in front of the pilot orifice. Light pilot and hold down button for 15secs. Let button up. Pilot should stay on. If not, you probably have a bad thermocouple. If it is that old, you probably don't have a thermopile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor heater error code 13, how do I trouble shoot and fix heater? [ 3 Answers ]

My monitor heater is 3 years old and has never had a problem since installed. It is now giving an E 13 error code. Where should I start when trouble shooting? I have 2 other monitors that come off the same fuel supply line, this is the first in the series. Any idea where to start?

State Gas Water Heater- md# gs650ybrt -. Heater won't stay lit. [ 1 Answers ]

Statye gas water heater model gs650ybrt. Heater won't stay lit

Rheem heater wiring diagram REAB 2020T with 617S heater [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for an electrical schmetic with high and low voltage for heater and evaporator for RHEEM REAB 2020T with 617S heater.

I havea a marley model 2544wc 4ft heater that just quit I have power into the heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have power into the heater and at the poles of the thermostat breaker not tripped and still rocks on and off solid

Wall heater pilot light lit, but cuts off when I turn heater on [ 6 Answers ]

I have a wall heater, the pilot light was out so I re-lit it a couple days ago and it went on.. about 4 hours later I noticed it was out again... same thing off and on for three days... this time I lit the pilot and turned the heater on it immeditly made a click sond and went out completely... it...

View more questions Search