Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jonathan Khoury Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2015, 07:29 AM
    Shipping my car from Iowa to Ohio
    How can I ship my car (2013 Nissam Maxima) from Iowa to Ohio this week. I'd like to know if there is a company which can do it for me within a very short time? Thanks in advance
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2015, 10:21 AM
    Just Google "Auto transport companies" . Here is one I found but there are many.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...06379543,d.eWE
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 2, 2015, 01:31 PM
    There are also services where someone can be hired to drive your car from place to place. This is often cheaper then auto transport. It shouldn't be more than a 2 day drive from IA to OH.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2015, 02:34 PM
    2 days at most... I think it can be driven in maybe 10 -12 hours if from the far west side of IA to the far east side of OH. Significantly less if its not as far into either state.

That's less mileage than Wash, DC to Chicago and I did that in 12 hours, twice.

Will take longer with a car carrier if driving isn't an option. Driving it yourself will be significantly cheaper.

If this is because you are moving and driving a U-haul. Consider a car dolly and pull it behind you. I've done that once before.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 2, 2015, 03:48 PM
    And it depends on how much you want to pay. If you want it NOW... and not to wait till they have 10 or 12 other cars going in that direction, it costs more. If you can wait for a period, it can cost less.

But agreed, there are people who drive a car (and that is really a short distance) and it is normally a lot faster and a lot cheaper. As for goes, see if a friend could ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling a car in Iowa [ 2 Answers ]

After I sign my title over to a new buyer but don't take the plates off right away will I still be liable for the vehicle

Is shipping a car to another state expensive? [ 3 Answers ]

I am moving in a few months from West Texas to Virginia. I am not familiar with how expensive shipping my car would be.Would it be better for me to just take the roadtrip?

Shipping a car to Kyrgyzstan [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to ship a car to family in Kyrgyzstan and am having trouble finding out how I do that. I've heard horror stories about shipping through Russia so I was wondering if there was anyway I could ship my vehicle to Pakistan and have it safely arrive in Kyrgyzstan (given current world...

View more questions Search