Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Oct 30, 2015, 03:06 PM
    Weed weed weed!
    Hey ya'll,

I have a friend, who use to do weed or pot. And Since like early twenties. After some relationship difficulties my friend started continually doing it and recently stopped doing it in order to become clean in the test. My friend also becomes moody as a withdrawal symptoms like being grumpy and fighting etc.
    So, Is this weed thing is addictive?
    Does it has some bad effect if it is done on regular basis?
    Does it has some bad effects on your health if its done occasionally?
    Does it makes people moody once u try to stop doing it.
    Is it even healthy to smoke weed anyway?

Thanks.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2015, 04:24 PM
    It does have a lot of long term effects. And like anything else ,Its not safe to smoke and unlike cigarettes those components are inhaled deeper into the lungs and held there longer making them even worse. And it is addictive. If it wasn't there wouldn't be any withdrawal symptoms.

Spend time around frequent smokers and you will see them. They slow your thinking, make you lazier slow your reflexes like alcohol only it lasts much longer than alcohol. The people who abuse it will argue otherwise... but you have to be clean and sober to see what it does to a person.

Oct 30, 2015, 06:36 PM
    Thanks. So is it same with drinking alcohol based drinks and beers? Which one is more bad for your health?
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2015, 06:42 PM
    Both are bad... but each for different reasons (they affect different parts of the body negatively). There is evidence reasonable amounts of red wine is good for you...the fact remains in general, too much is a bad thing.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 30, 2015, 07:23 PM
    Anything can be abused with dire consequences, not just weed. Doesn't matter really what you are addicted too, or maybe better words are afflicted with.

Oct 31, 2015, 11:51 AM
    Thanks for the replies.

So, if smoking weed and drinking is done occasionally. That's fine! I am I right!
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2015, 12:08 PM
    No smoking of anything is good for you. The compounds in the smoke are very harmful.

And as far as drinking... for some people no amount is safe. Those with addictive tendencies specifically. And you need to qualify the occasional drinking thing with Moderation and occasionally. Its never safe to drink enough to get drunk... even if its only occasionally.

Oct 31, 2015, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    No smoking of anything is good for you. The compounds in the smoke are very harmful.

And as far as drinking... for some people no amount is safe. Those with addictive tendencies specifically. And you need to qualify the occasional drinking thing with Moderation and occasionally. Its never safe to drink enough to get drunk... even if its only occasionally.
    Ok, Thanks for your advice.
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2015, 03:22 PM
    I wonder what's going on in the minds of Vegans or people that eat only organic when they have a pack a day cigarette habit.

Oct 31, 2015, 11:22 PM
    May be this - so what if its killing me everyday. At least I don't kill other animal and living beings! Huh!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 1, 2015, 04:32 AM
    Life is killing you every day. Pot, booze, it's all about the person's ability to not let it anything rule his or her life. I am addicted to coffee and sugar. Sugar is more addicting than most people realize; in rats it decreases dopamine receptors in the brain, and increases opioid receptors! Never mind all the inflammation damage it does to cells when you don't have enough antioxidants to fight the free radicals it produces. That's half my pain. The rest is scarring from old injuries.

I am allergic to red wine, and anything except home brewed beer. I wish I had some pot every night to help with pain when I'm trying to sleep, because pot makes me sleepy. I did have one THC lollipop and it helped, even though it was only 25 mg, and I wish I had had 100. You don't have to inhale smoke.

If fact, I would probably live longer if I weren't in chronic pain, because I could move around and get some exercise.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Nov 1, 2015, 04:58 AM
    Joy has a very good point that ties in with Smoothy's. Consumption of Cannabis is much better when done orally rather than by smoking. It has considerable benefits, as does morphine, but morphine tastes horrible.

Addiction is a vague term these days. It's indisputably habit forming, and personality changes arise from breaking any habit. That's kinda the definition of breaking a habit.

I've not seen any literature describing measurable physical changes from cannabis that don't study smoking it, so whether the ill effects are from the chemicals or the smoke is still an open question.

Nov 2, 2015, 12:50 PM
    Thanks. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I put new line in my model weed eater 1215 weed eater? [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for an owners manual for model 1215 weed eater

Weed Trimmer(weed eater) [ 3 Answers ]

I need step by step help on re-installing a (recoil) starter rope on a weed eater. If by chance you have diagram of how to put it on , I sure would appreciate it , any info will be appreciated ty denise

WeeD what does this mean? [ 6 Answers ]

When your talking about buying weed what does this mean? "Bout hundred a quarter"

First time doing weed [ 26 Answers ]

OK so this weekend is going to be the first time I'm doing weed. I just wanted to know if there is something to be aware of while doing this... and just in general what the experience is like

View more questions Search