Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Macca Kate Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2015, 02:35 AM
    Shin splints?
    I have a sharp pain in both of my shins, I am thinking it is shin splints but I'm not sure. When I stand or walk it starts to hurt and if I walk on it too long it hurts even when I rest them. I have no idea if it is shin splints and if it is I don't know what to do with it, or how to treat it.

Help would be much appreciated.
    Please and thank-you 😊👍🏼
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2015, 04:06 AM
    Rest
    Ice
    Neoprene sleeve
    Ibuprofen

They've worked for me in the past.

One thing I used to do which was very helpful is regular aspiring crushed into a powder, a tad bit of water to make a paste, and then rub that on the shins. The aspiring goes directly to the pain through the skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Posterior Shin Splints- Sprinter [ 0 Answers ]

I'm on varsity track at my high school, and I have been suffering from posterior shin splints for about 2 years now. I have high arches. There are orthopedics in my Brooks running shoes and I wear compression sleeves. I have also been doing hip abductor and lower quad exercises. Even after doing...

Shin Splints? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 15 year old hurdler and I have never had shin splints before... I just noticed today that I had them really bad, it was hard to even practice! I just got home a suffered through 15 minute ice baths on each leg and I was just wondering if there was anything else I could do to help... For...

How do you know if you have a stress fracture or just shin splints? [ 3 Answers ]

To Anyone who has a clue about running injuries Last week I was running an interval workout when my calf began to tighten up. I have had a stress fracture before, but this did not feel anything like that. The pain is purely in the muscel and I do not have any tender spots throughout my tibia...

Shin splints? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know if I have a stress fracture in my leg or just have shin splints?

Preventing Shin Splints [ 5 Answers ]

My avatar might have already given it away, but I like to Irish dance. I stretch, warm up, then stretch again before practicing, but I still get painful shin splints. The area on the inside right along my shin bone hurts really badly after I work out for 30 minutes. I can't seem to isolate...

View more questions Search