Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joy2theworld Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2015, 12:51 PM
    Can't stand my friend anymore
    Lately my friend has really been getting on my nerves. First of all in class she can never do anything on her own, and it's not because she's not smart it's because she's lazy. We just didn't a lab in chemistry and during it me and my other friend took notes as we did our observations just fine and were able to do the lab. But this friend didn't take down notes as she was playing on her phone the whole time. She wants to copy my lab. Like I guess it's not that big of a deal but I just feel like it would ruin my feeling of accomplishment since I'm trying hard in school this year. Also she gets just about everything she wants (not an only child). My parents make me earn what I get. I went out and got a job, and I earn money and buy everything myself. I even pitch in for gas money and my phone bill. She just gets her phone. Her and her mom go out and her mom buys her 80$ jeans and 70$ shoes. (Which I got the same shoes first with my own money). Just recently she wanted new shoes and a new sweater so her mom went online and bought it for her. Plus she gets her mom to take her to McDonald's like alllllll the time. Then she accuses me of being spoiled because my parents bought me concert tickets for two concerts (which was my Christmas present). Lastly she always tells me my boyfriend looks like a rat, and tells everyone she knows that he is a bad guy. I feel so bad for him because people think he's a bad boyfriend because of stuff she spreads when he's actually not. I just cannot handle it anymore but it's not exactly like I can escape her. I just don't know what to do about it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2015, 12:59 PM
    You have to be blunt with her and tell her. You don't like this behavior... and you aren't going to put up with it anymore if she wishes to remain your friend.

And prepare for the possibility she would rather not be your friend.

We have an old saying.. "with friends like this, who needs enemies."
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 28, 2015, 05:21 PM
    All the negative you have said about her, why is she still your friend? Leave her alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

9 yrs and can't stand him anymore, how do I leave? [ 10 Answers ]

Been with hubby since I was 14, now 24. We will be together 10yrs in June. We just had our first baby 10months ago. He's always been a mean person, although there are some great days, but all the bad ones outweigh the good. I'm tired of hearing about every single thing that I do wrong in his eyes....

Confused on where I stand and wondering if she still actually cares anymore... [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all this is the first time that I have written on here. Its about my ex girlfriend, we have been apart for around 3 months now, but I still miss her after all this time. We had a great relationship and I don't know the really reason why she ended it. Since we have split have we have had brief...

I can't stand my husband anymore, what do I do? [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I have been going through a rough patch for about the past 2 years. I don't agree with things he is teaching our 3 year old son, like to hit and curse. So we fight. I ask him to mow the yard cause it hasn't been mowed in over a month and is very high, we fight. He tells me I am lazy...

Knotted hair and I can not stand it anymore because of it [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I am a pre teen and everything in life seems fine but one thing- my HAIR! Since I was 12 my hair was knotted and then my moms friend came over and detagled it and the next couple days she straightened it and stuff. And I really liked because my hair waresnt knotted and I could do anything...

11 yo dog won't stand anymore [ 3 Answers ]

1 week ago, my dog limped into the house holding up a leg and he hasn't eaten since and won't stand up. He is getting dehydrated as skin is getting tight. He has seen vet 2x this week with another appt in 3 days. Blood work shows possible kidney failure and x-rays show nothing significant. Back...

View more questions Search