Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Breezy63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2015, 07:02 AM
    Craftsman Lawn Tractor Model 91728001 - Can't disengage drive to move forward or back
    Hi! I have a Craftsman Lawn Tractor Model 91728001. It has a "lever" under the seat that used to allow me to pull the lever out and it would disengage the drive so that I could push or pull the mower to move it without the motor running. Does anyone have any ideas as to what has happened that would cause the lever to stop working? There is a spring that is intact and moves, but does not seem to release the drive. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks All!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 27, 2015, 05:49 PM
    Exact model # would be helpful. That lever is, on most models, located on the plate between the rear wheels.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Oct 28, 2015, 05:48 PM
    Hi,
    When did you have the flat tire and lose the key tying the axle to the wheel on the affected side?
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scotts Lawn Tractor model# 1642. Will not move forward or back. What is the first t [ 1 Answers ]

Replaced the drive belt on my Scotts Lawn Tractor model# 1642. The belt moves when engine is running, but no forward or reverse movement. What is the first thing need to look for? Removing the transmission looks like a real task! Bought new 5 years ago, this the first trouble I have had with...

How long is the drive belt on a craftsman lawn tractor model #917-253741? [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to find out how long the drive belt is on craftsman lawn tractor model # 917-253741

I have Craftsman lawn tractor model #917.273130. It runs but doesn't move.Any suggest [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman lawn tractor model #917.273130(17 HP electric start, 6 speed transaxle). It runs fine but as of about 10 days ago in the middle of cutting grass it just stopped moving. Any suggestions?

Craftsman Lawn tractor blades won't disengage [ 1 Answers ]

The blades on my Craftsman Lawn tractor 917.270860 won't disengage. I looked at my buddies craftsman and it appears that the clutch cable is not moving the pulley to disengage the blade belt, I guess it is frozen. How do I remedy this? Pete

View more questions Search