Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nomzombie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2015, 06:08 PM
    When was my montgomery ward sewing machine built?
    I have my original manual for my great grandmother's sewing machine and I can't find any information about the machine. And the manual has no dates on it whatsoever.
    The model number is UHT J 1909
    SERIAL 87B 12338

How do I find when this machine was built? I'm very curious to know how old this particular machine is. I haven't found anyone else who even has this model.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 27, 2015, 09:40 AM
    I found nothing useful either except National was the manufacturer of sewing machines for Sears, and Montgomery Wards, but did find this site of experts for you to contact. Hope it's helpful.

www.AntiqBuyer.com Search Page

However I suspect because of the model number (Denoting made in Japan?) all the other models have what appears to my NON expert eye to be the years included in the model numbers, maybe 1909(?).

From the Eldredge to National to the Janome Sewing Machine Company

Somehow National never came together after the war. The company soldiered on until 1953 but then the influx of Japanese models became too much.
    Surprised the manual you have has no copyright or reprint dates, but would you have an approximate date she may have purchased or used this sewing machine? I would surely follow up with any experts in antiques you can find.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Montgomery ward sewing machine [ 1 Answers ]

What is the value of serial number 315206263 or 25-NS-1402-4 Montgomery ward sewing machine?

Montgomery ward sewing machine [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Montgomery ward sewing mach, model 1943. The instruction book says the needle plate is part number 12092. I need a needle plate and haven't had any luck looking on line for parts. Any suggestions? Lois Hewa Kingsport TN <[email protected]>

I would like to know more about my Montgomery Ward sewing machine [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Made in the USA number, AA11890, Signiture Deluxe sewing machine. Can you tell me what year or anything about this machine. Oh, it comes with a cabinet.

Montgomery Ward Sewing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

I have Montgomery Ward Sewing Machine and need a manual. It was recently given to me by a friend who had had the machine for years without using it and didn't know where the manual might be. It was made in Japan and I cannot find a model # or anything on it except the name, address and phone...

View more questions Search