Ask
    thelma gray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2015, 09:32 AM
    Whirpool dryer
    On panel it flashes Fo1 and dry want start
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2015, 11:20 AM
    This is a fairly common problem with Whirlpool and Kenmore dryers. I believe it should have been a recall but no action so far. The main control board overheats in 1 spot and that breaks the soldered connection. Although it can be done DIY, it is not easy unless you have the skills and a soldering gun. If you go to You Tube and search "Whirlpool F-01" you will see videos on how to fix it. Basically you remove the top of the dryer, remove the board, clean and re-solder the burned spot and reassemble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirpool Dryer Overheating [ 2 Answers ]

I own a Whirlpool Duet Dryer Model: WED9200SQ- purchased Nov 2007. Two weeks ago it stopped working. *** 3 months after One Year Warranty*** Power on, buttons work, timer starts counting down, but no tumbling, no air, no heat. I am no expert repairman but thought with a little research I might...

Whirpool dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool cabrio that does not get hot anymore

Whirpool dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool cabrio that does not get hot anymore any help

Whirpool Dryer Doesn't [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Dryer model number LEN3634DW1. It does not dry well at all. I have cleaned out all of the lint things, I have replaced the heater element and the hi-temp components. This has only improved performance marginally. What else should I try?

View more questions Search