Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AfflictionInk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2015, 08:01 PM
    Harley fxdl blew an ignition fuse while accelerating
    2001 Harley Davidson fxdl 1450c.c. my bike shut off while accelerating in 4th gear. After coasting to a stop at the side of the highway I attempted to start the bike in neutral. I had headlights/horn and dummie lights but no turn signals and no ignition. I checked fuses and 15a ignition was blown. I replaced it and attempted to start but blew fuse again. Fuse doesn't blow in acc position but once turned into start position the fuse blows. I found no visible bare wires or loose ground connections. Help.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2015, 08:53 AM
    If you are blowing a 15 Amp fuse, you have a short somewhere. Trace all the ignition and starter wires. Motorcycles are notorious for wearing spots in the wires due to vibrations and wires rubbing on the frame

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harley ignition module [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 harley 1200 sportster. When I ride and the engine gets hot the engine shuts down. It will turn over (and back fires) but will not start. When the engine cools down it will start and run like a new one. I have been told it needs a ignition module, which are pricey. What is your...

I have an older craftsman rider model #917254661 I blew a fuse [ 6 Answers ]

I blew a fuse in my rider mower model 917254661,when I went to install new fuse it blew right away the key is in the off position scratching my head here

A model DGAD Evcon Furnace blew a 3 amp fuse [ 1 Answers ]

When I put the fuse back, the 120/24 volt transformer sparked and threw the breaker. Would I be safe putting in a new transformer? It had no lights blinking because the breaker blew.

No power to ignition module or PCM ignition fuse, any thoughts [ 1 Answers ]

It's a 2001, Pontiac, Grand am, v-6 3.4. with the key in the on position there is no power to the ign mod, f/p inj, and pcm ing. so naturally its no start. I'm not sure of the circuit , the wire diagram is a little help, any suggestions? Frustrated

I think I blew a fuse [ 11 Answers ]

It's been raining here in Nashville for two days. I keep having to let water out of my pool. Yesterday, while letting water out of the pool, some water hit the pool fuse box and my outdoor lighting system turned off. I opened up the little outlet flap on the outside of the fuse box and pressed...

View more questions Search