Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Arya11111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2015, 06:01 AM
    Post-extraction of a premolar
    So, on Monday (Today is Sunday) I got my upper right 5th extracted. It didn't hurt and the bleeding ceased and everything seemed normal. Since it was pretty big trauma, the dotor prescribed me antibiotics. On Wednesday the dentist looked at the healing wound and said it's ''all good''. However, on Wednesday night I felt really really bad (had some nausea and the following... ) So on Thursday I saw my doctor and she said the antibiotic messed with my stomach a bit (and that I also got the flu). I had some slight fever, but it passed pretty fast.
    What I'm worried is, the wound is just... open. No blood clots visible, just gaping. I can see something white-ish at the bottom and I freaked out if it's the bone, since I'm worried it might be a dry socket. However, it does not hurt, it's more of a slight discomfort in my upper jaw. I rinse my mouth gently and it feels weird, but certainly not very painful. The gums look normal, no swelling or anything. I eat only creamy foods so there doesn't seem to be anything stuck either. But that white-ish thing worries me. (Plus the throwing-up bit, what if I removed the blood clot.)
    I decided to check in with my dentist again, but since it's over the weekend, I need to wait to get an appointment.
    In short, since my explanation is a mess, do you think no visible clots plus the whitish thing in my wound might indicate dry socket? Please advise.
    Seriously freaking out post-extraction patient
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 25, 2015, 11:33 AM
    No the whitish look is not dry socket. What you see is the healing process. The removal of a molar is very traumatic for a jaw line. Continue to flush gently with salt water solution, no brushing in that area.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 25, 2015, 12:53 PM
    I agree that it sounds like you are doing fine. Better than many who have a molar out, considering the lack of much pain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Post extraction instructin [ 1 Answers ]

How long should I wait before I go back to using straws? And rule 4 on my list say do not drink carbonated beverages for. This may cause continued bleeding. I don't think the swelling near my upper right molar is sore to the touch unless I applied a little pressure.

1day post extraction [ 4 Answers ]

Had 2 teeth pulled that were under a permanent bridge that fell off. Right lower molar, 1suture, other site none. What should the site look like today? The socket looks white not red like a clot. It has not been 24 hours yet so I haven't rinsed yet

View more questions Search