Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duncan85534 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2015, 01:32 AM
    Japanese bond
    My husband passed away and I found an 8"x10" piece of paper that is all in I assume Japanese script and he had written "Jap Bond" on the side. He was on Okinawa during WW2. The back has columns with script and some are stamped in red. There are no pictures and no English. I would like to pass it to nephew and would like to give him a history. Any help I would appreciate and thank you in advance for your time.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 25, 2015, 08:12 AM
    Since we cant see it then you may need to take it to a japanese person and have it translated for you. If you live near a major metro area there is a good chance that there are japanese students there that could tell you what you have. Most of the sources I have found are smaller in size.

World War II Japanese Bond

Japanese WWII War Bond

War Bonds and Other

Does it appear to look like any of the examples I have given ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2015, 08:35 AM
    Also if you can or wish to post a photo of it here, someone may be able to translate it. If it is not too much writing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a judge revokes your bond do you have to continue to pay on that bond? [ 1 Answers ]

If a judge revokes your bond and put you in jail do you have to continue to pay that bond?

The coupon rate on a tax-exempt bond is 5.6%, and the rate on a taxable bond is [ 2 Answers ]

The coupon rate on a tax-exempt bond is 5.6%, and the rate on a taxable bond is 8%.Both bonds sell at par. The tax bracket (marginal tax rate) at which an investor would be indifferent between the two bonds is:

Bond's cash proceeds and Present value of price of bond [ 1 Answers ]

Randell Company issues 7%, 10-year bonds with a par value of $150,000 and semiannual interest payments. On the issue date, the annual market rate for these bonds is 8%, which implies a selling price of 93¼. The straight-line method is used to allocate interest expense. Use the present value Table...

Why LiAlH4 reduce alpha hydrogen substituted acetylenic bond,not isolated double bond [ 0 Answers ]

Assalam o Alaikum! I want to ask Question about reducing agent LiAlH4, as Lithium Aluminium Hydride,not much selective as Sodium boro hydrates.. LiAlH4 reduces not only Aldehydes or ketones,but also acids, acid halides,esters, nitrile, imine, and nitro group etc.. it can reduce the alpha...

Amide bond (peptide bond) [ 3 Answers ]

hello ever1 I don't know much about chemistry, so hlp me with this is amide bond (peptide bond), balanced chemical equation?

View more questions Search