Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Latzi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2015, 04:09 PM
    Ear pain
    Hello there,

I'm a sound engineer. In the recent months I feel pain right behind my ears. It's quite weird because it doesn't cause any hearing loss or vertigo or vomiting or any symptoms what I usually read about. The only thing what I feel is after listening music there's this pain behind my ears. It lasts for a few days and it goes away. Certain frequencies (middle and a bit higher) and loudness are seem to be main causes as I experienced. Sometimes the pain is slight and it gets worse after a day or two.
    I was at the hospital several times (dentist, operative dentistry, otolaryngology) to find out what should be the problem but they found nothing. No bad teeth or dysfunction in the jaw, no hearing loss, no damages, no infections, nothing at all, everything is normal. Should I visit a neurologist or maybe someone else?
    It really affects my job thus my future.

Thank you for reading!

Kind regards,

Latzi
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 24, 2015, 04:26 PM
    I don't know. My own experience is that all my ear problems (basically 3 times in my 68 years) were from dental problems, but they weren't evident each time.
    For some people, it's damage to the eardrum from repeated loud sound.
    For others, it's mastoiditis.
    But I assume that the doctors you saw ruled those out.
    I'd go back to looking at your molars. Except that you have it equally behind each ear, and that makes it unusual for any of what I suggested.
    Eustacian tubes can get clogged, but that would have been found too, and you would feel them.
    If you can afford a neurologist, sure.
    Latzi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2015, 04:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I don't know. My own experience is that all my ear problems (basically 3 times in my 68 years) were from dental problems, but they weren't evident each time.
    For some people, it's damage to the eardrum from repeated loud sound.
    For others, it's mastoiditis.
    But I assume that the doctors you saw ruled those out.
    I'd go back to looking at your molars. Except that you have it equally behind each ear, and that makes it unusual for any of what I suggested.
    Eustacian tubes can get clogged, but that would have been found too, and you would feel them.
    If you can afford a neurologist, sure.
    Thanks for your response! Yes, a neurologist will be the next step, 'cause I can't think of anything else. Teeth and jaw are all right, ears as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I developed an ear ache at about 3pm today. It shoots pain through my ear. [ 4 Answers ]

The pain shoots through my ear and down my neck and into my shoulder. Is this something to worry about or just take 2 asprin and call the doctor if it does not go away?

Pain near right ear [ 0 Answers ]

It feels like it is my jaw bone it hurts really bad in front and back part of ear the pain is very severe I have not been able to eat anything

Ear pain and jaw pain [ 1 Answers ]

In my sleep my jaws and ear hurt Im also expecting a baby will the dentists still help me? I have three broken teeth in my mouth and this morning blood was in my ear.

Ear pain [ 24 Answers ]

Many nights I awake in severe pain on my ear, it appears to be my outer ear maybe the cartilage, it is not that I am sleeping funny on my ear I have tried changing pillows the only help so far has been sleeping with only the very top of my head on the pillow and having my ear below my pillow....

Ear wax, ear pain? [ 2 Answers ]

Can excessive ear wax cause pain in the ear? I've been having pain in my right ear since yesterday I know the doc had said do some peroxide or something in my ears but I haven't done it yet, and now that I'm having this pain I don't know if I should put peroxide in my ears? I also have bad TMJ on...

View more questions Search