Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rfieldfrederick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2015, 02:45 PM
    Moen soap dispenser doesn't dispense soap
    I know the pump work and the tube is clear (when tested pumping water in the sink). When a second person is under sink and squeezes the bottle it will pump out. What needs replacing/fixing?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2015, 05:13 PM
    Thoroughly clean the dispenser, make sure the soap isn't too thick-thin it with water and reassemble.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 23, 2015, 05:36 PM
    What needs replacing/fixing?
    Nothing.

The soap is thick. When you press and get one squirt of soap it takes time for the vacuum in the tubing to pull more soap up.
    Press the dispenser once and get one squirt, you must then wait a few moments before you can get another. If that is unsatisfactory dilute the soap with water.
    guycomander Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Oct 23, 2015, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Thoroughly clean the dispenser, make sure the soap isn't too thick-thin it with water and reassemble.
    You are having a common problem called soap dismorphia, it occurs when there is a lack of fluid and ammonia in the mixture. This is going to sound just a little weird but put a little bit of urine in there until you see some, not a lot but some bubbles. Once the bubbles calm down a bit, set everything back up and you are ready to go. It is needed because you have a clog and the ammonia in the urine will dissolve it while not ruining the equipment or the soap. I was a maintenance man for like 8 years and I found this method to always do the trick 100% of the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen soap dispenser stopped pumping soap [ 15 Answers ]

I have a Moen soap dispenser in my kitchen sink (with the soap reservoir that screws in from underneath and the dispenser/tubing contraption slides in from the top). I slid the dispenser/tubing contraption out to clean it. I disconnected the dispenser part (the knob with the spout) from the...

Moen soap dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

My Moen soap dispenser at my kitchen sink has stopped working. It will not create a suction to allow the dishwashing soap to come out. How do I fix it?

Moen soap dispenser [ 7 Answers ]

Soap won't come out of the stainless steal pump. It pumps soap to the white tubing but won't come out. I tried soaking it in hot water but still won't work.

My Moen soap dispenser doesn't pump soap. Is there a seal inside? [ 8 Answers ]

I just moved into this house, so I don't know if it was taken apart previously.

How to repair a moen soap dispenser? [ 1 Answers ]

Soap dispenser. How do I repair my Moen Soap dispenser. My daughter removed to fill the soap Container when the tube came off. After filling she attempted to put it back and could not get The soap to rise to the dispenser. Thank you, [email protected]

View more questions Search