Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TardisTart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2015, 06:05 AM
    I have a history of stroke. I'm having constant pain in my left thigh near my groin.
    I have a history of stroke. I'm having constant pain in my left thigh near my groin. I'm worried there's a problem with my femoral artery. Is this something I need to be worried about
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2015, 07:19 AM
    Have you spoken to your doctor yet? If not you should.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 23, 2015, 07:22 AM
    Short answer: Yes. Go see a doctor. Could be nothing, but do you want to risk it being something?

Long answer, a stroke occurs when a blood vessel in the brain becomes blocked, usually by a blood clot, and tissue damage. Blood clots, especially if you have a history of them, can be extremely dangerous because they will blood arteries and veins. So given this information, you should really see a doctor.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 23, 2015, 09:34 AM
    On the other side of the coin (young and no stroke history), I developed pain in the same area 35+ years ago.
    Medical doctors were mostly all alike, look for ovarian cysts and other female problems, and when not found, give up.
    One said I had a femoral hernia that was protruding down instead of out. I foolishly allowed surgery for something that didn't exist.

Found out (from a GOOD chiropractor) that it was scarring of some sacral nerves off the lower spine. The lowest nerves wrap around to the front, and can hit all sorts of places in the lower abdomen.

There can be many reasons for any given pain. You shouldn't try to get it diagnosed online!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Groin, right leg, back, and thigh pain. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, so about a month ago my back started hurting. As a little history I do not exercise and am currently unemployed so not very active. I thought it was weight gain that caused it but I've noticed a tenderness in my groin area (particularly the testes) and it has spread down my right leg and into...

Pain started in left back hip moved to front left groin and pain is unbarible cannot [ 1 Answers ]

I went for a walk and the next day I woke up with terrible pain in my back left hip for a week and woke up and I can't walk because the pain moved to my left groin area close to vaginal area and I am haviving muscle spasms in my left thigh. Its so bad it feels like someone just hit the inside of my...

Right groin and down the inside of my thigh almost to the knee sharp pain [ 1 Answers ]

This pain came on like gang busters and came out of nowhere when I stood up from my chair. So severe almost fell over.

Severe pain in groin and upper thigh [ 2 Answers ]

I have had severe pain for over 3 weeks. It is located on the inside of my right leg. In the past 2 weeks, I have been having severe upper right leg. It hurts to work or do anything pertaining to work in the house. Could you please help me? >Moved from Forum Help<

View more questions Search