Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hwinceFL Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2015, 04:27 PM
    Help needed in handling lending library borrowers
    I have a table of existing borrowers of our lending library. I am asking for help in how the librarian(s) can determine that a customer's record is in the current table; does any of their personal information in their record need to be updated; or is this a new customer that needs to be updated/added in the table. Can I create a two-part form with a pull-down box at the top showing selected data of sorted records (i.e, by name) and the current full table record for the selected borrower at the bottom, which can be edited/updated as required? Of course, I understand that once it is determined that the customer does not exist in the present table, I probably need a separate form for new customers. I would appreciate guidance in how I would go about setting this up.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 23, 2015, 05:08 AM
    The first part of this is figuring out how to determine new borrowers. I would be inclined to use their phone number. Once you have determined if the borrower is not already listed, then you simply use the new record button to add a record. I'm not sure why you would need a separate form.

You could use a "Split Form" to show a listing of borrowers with a single form for entering/editing data.
    guycomander Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Oct 23, 2015, 06:44 AM
    Put everything in a Microsoft Excel data base. Edit and query fields as you please.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 23, 2015, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by guycomander View Post
    Put everything in a Microsoft Excel data base. Edit and query fields as you please.
    Excel is NOT a database, Excel is a spreadsheet. It is inappropriate for a database application such as the one described by the OP. A lending application such as the one described needs a relational database.
    hwinceFL Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2015, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    The first part of this is figuring out how to determine new borrowers. I would be inclined to use their phone number. Once you have determined if the borrower is not already listed, then you simply use the new record button to add a record. I'm not sure why you would need a separate form.

You could use a "Split Form" to show a listing of borrowers with a single form for entering/editing data.

Thank you, Scott, for your very helpful suggestions and guidance. I'm working on it now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do co-borrowers on 1099c have to claim it on their taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Back in 2005 I brought a house but the bank wouldn't appove the loan without a co-borrower so I added my mom. In 2009 I had to leave the house due to getting accepted into medical school and at the time I was unemployed. I kept the mortgage payments up until about midway through 2010. I...

Lending and receiving [ 1 Answers ]

If sam gave ram Rs. 5 then Ram would have 5 times as much as Sam,but if Ram gave Sam Rs 5 then Sam would have 5 times as much as Ram.How much did they have together?

Thank you for lending me [ 10 Answers ]

The lounge for my picnic Since it was another crummy 4th for me

Lending to Borrowers [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to lend money to borrowers because my CD is about to mature and the rate is going to be horrible. Is there a solid way to lend money and set your own interest rate? Our a website that coordinates small loans for lenders? I know the risk would be a default but what are the laws...

How to make iPod library, not just device library? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Ipod that I just got and put on my moms laptop, but now I have a laptop so I put it on my own computer. My library will only show up if the iPod is plugged in and even then it is not my primary library. If I click on the library (at the top of the main Itunes page) no music comes up, to...

View more questions Search