Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helluvaguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2015, 01:29 PM
    WeatherKing Acclaim II Gas Furnace
    Its time to turn the heat on- But, heat will not start. Tried running just fan= fine. Tried running AC= fine. Turn on heat at thermostat= nothing other than an audible click at furnace. Took off covers to furnace and can see the 0ne red LED (off) Two green LED's -Both on when power is on and thermostat is off. When I turn on the thermostat to call for heat- there is a click at the furnace and the middle LED blinks (blink-blink-pause, blink-blink-pause, etc).

Any idea as to what to do? My fear is that we need a new IFC- which sounds very expensive.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2015, 03:09 PM
    Look at the code on the air handler door or control board. Does the inducer fan start? The first thing is to look for a blown fuse on the board. With a no start condition, the first thing to check is the tubing and ports from the inducer to the pressure switch.
    helluvaguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2015, 12:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Look at the code on the air handler door or control board. Does the inducer fan start? The first thing is to look for a blown fuse on the board. With a no start condition, the first thing to check is the tubing and ports from the inducer to the pressure switch.
    The code on the door suggested checking the pressure switch- I checked the tube and the ports and the were clear.
    After I checked the ports and tube and put them back- then tried to run the furnace again, I noticed the inducer fan blades turned a very little bit... then nothing. One thing to add- when I turn it on both green lights remain lit for one minute and I can hear a very faint hum when I turn my ear near it- then the hum stops and the OK light begins blinking twice with a pause then repeats.
    I checked for blown fuse- I only found one fuse it was in a line from the transformer and it was good.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2015, 08:20 AM
    May be a bad inducer. That is the first thing that comes on. If it doesn't build up enough pressure to close the switch, nothing else will work. Look on EBay, I just sold a used Fasco for $50.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weatherking furnace not firing [ 1 Answers ]

Was running intermittently. Now digital thermostat is not lit and furnace flashing vent pressure switch code. What's up ?

Weatherking furnace won't keep heat [ 0 Answers ]

My furnace will not keep the heat that it is set for. We've had multiple service guys look at the furnace and no one can tell me what the issue is. They changed the circuit board twice and the problem is still there. The blinking light on the furnace means that is is locked out for the hour. It...

Electric problems in a 1990 Plymouth Acclaim [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a fuse or relay that controls the radio, dome light, trunk light, under hood light and AC in 1990 Plymouth acclaim? If so where is it located?

Weatherking furnace repairs [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced the Heat Sensor, It fires up but will not stay on for no more than 10 seconds

1990 Acclaim Lug Nut torque [ 1 Answers ]

What's the required ft/lbs. for the tires on my '90 Acclaim?

View more questions Search