Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khaef Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2015, 07:49 AM
    Lexmark 5150 Printer won-t Power up-- Adapter failure?
    I learned from Wally H and a poster (2009) that his Lexmark X5150 wouldn't turn on--power up. It was suggested that the Power Adapter (Cord) had gone bad. I do not know how to test mine, but my Printer which I always leave on was working fine until a few days ago.

That post included the picture of the Power Adapter, and actually Wally H, who had a recycled one at his home, offered to send it to the questioner for free. Don't expect that--

I'm wondering how long a Power Adapter generally lasts, how to test if it is that part that is causing the "no power" problem, and if I should just buy a used one on Ebay. For the future-- should I turn off the printer, when not in use? It's worked great for 13 years now!

Thanks for replies. (esp. from WallyH)

Check out some similar questions!

Lexmark Printer won't Print [ 13 Answers ]

So I installed a lexmark printer and when I send something to be printed, the printer starts, does what it should (?) which to me is printing, and then a blank page comes out. There is nothing at all on it, not even a dirty mark! When I try to print a test page it tells me it is printnig, paper...

Why won't my Lexmark X5150 power up? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, Moved my printer (upstairs to downstairs) and I now have no power inside the printer (I measured 30 volts at the plugin adapter). Is there a reset or fuse inside I can replace? How about combination button press, or timed button press (for example 5 seconds on the power button goes to...

Calling all Lexmark X6570 Printer Owners - Is my printer damaged? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just purchased a Lexmark X6570 Printer(wireless printing, faxing, photo printing, scanning, copying, and printing all in one). I now need the help of others who own this printer as well because I'm not sure if I purchased a faulty/damaged printer. I have installed the printer and...

Lexmark printer won't print, but prints test [ 1 Answers ]

Have a lexmark printer (7300 series) and when I set up and installed printer driver now it won't even print. I reinstalled cd, but to no avail

Lexmark printer won't print [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I have used my printer many times before now I went to print something and when I did it never popped up in progress or printed when you look in the printer tasks it says its in progress but it still hasn't printed?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.