Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cherylee Lawton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2015, 01:49 AM
    I need to know if my son is really working or lying to me
    My son says he works at Amazon in Dupont Wash but you can't contact them. I want to know if he's telling the truth. How do I find out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2015, 03:48 AM
    Ask your son to show you a pay stub, or employee ID (they would use them there)
    Also many jobs there are filled by employment companies who provide temp labor.

But they are hiring, if you don't have a criminal record, have proper ID and can do manual labor, (and high school degree) you can walk in, interview and get job the same day. They are short of help.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 21, 2015, 03:52 AM
    You don't have the legal right to know, if he is 18+.
    If he lives with you or if you support him in any way financially, you of course have more rights. You ask for proof and if he doesn't provide it, your 'rights' are basically to throw him out or take away support.

Having said all that, I believe him. The amazon warehouses are bigger than airplane hangers, full of miles of shelves of products, and employees can't use phones. Why do you have a 'need' for proof?
    Sometimes parents have to let their children struggle with being young adults on their own for several years. They'll change as they mature. Let them.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 21, 2015, 03:03 PM
    I think the bigger issue is that you don't trust your son. Is there a reason for this?

How old is he? Is he living with you? Are you supporting him? Why do you feel you're entitled to proof that he's working?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I protect my son when his unstable father is lying on the pfa? [ 0 Answers ]

We have recently split because I just got tired of the unnecessary disputes in front of my children. Just because I'm finally fed up and won't take him back, he has filed a pfa, making false statements that he did not write himself, and he has called children services, again, making stories up. He...

Adult Son can't control lying [ 5 Answers ]

My 40 year old son can't seem to tell the truth about everything and anything. He tells other relatives lies about my husband and myself (usually to make himself look better) and he tells anyone that will listen that he was physically abused by us when he was a child. His lies are destructive and...

28 yr. Old son still at home not working and dissrespectful to us [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 28 year old son who refuses to keep and job and dad just hands him money so he will not make our lives miserable. The time has come for me to step up and get ugly. He treats us w/ no respect, abuses our goodiness to him and has just recently threatened to burn our house down if we decide...

Lying on Federal complaint answer, lying to EEOC [ 1 Answers ]

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Indiana/federal I am suing a govt. agency. They lied profusely in EEOC investigation. I couldn't prove it then. Got copy of investigation record and then KNEW I could prove a few lies, trust me on that. I filed the complaint in fed. Court...

Sister hurt me by shunning my son & possibly lying [ 8 Answers ]

:( I'm not sure just what to do. My sister has always treated our son not nearly as well as she has our daughter. She has always seen our daughter as her "favourite" We've all seen it, and none of us (including our son) has no idea why. Our son recently became a father for the first time, and...

View more questions Search