Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmeyer01 Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2015, 05:25 PM
    Pop-up camper electrical questions
    I recently purchased a 1990 Starcraft pop up but the lights and fridge don't work. All the wires have been cut an re-spliced so not sure what should go where.

I have the main 120v running into the box (converter?). There is a blue, red, and white coming out of the box along with a ground wire and a regular electrical wire. The ground goes to the frame. The electrical wire goes to a outlet and that outlet works.

The other wires are all spliced. Red goes to a black, blue goes to 2 other blues, and white goes to 3 other whites. All of those wires go through the floor to the various other locations but nothing on the end of those locations work.

Can anyone help?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2015, 06:53 PM
    There is a breaker box under the dining seat. You will just have to check continuity of the circuits, either by ohms or voltage. Voltage with power on, Ohms with power off. Do you have a VOM?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 19, 2015, 06:55 PM
    Here is a set of different wiring diagrams for pop up campers.

the rt side turn does not work with or with out the running lights on ...

Oct 22, 2015, 08:54 AM
    I figured it out but thanks for the replies.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2015, 10:23 AM
    So what was the issue?

Oct 22, 2015, 10:28 AM
    Well after trying every combination I determined the fridge just doesn't work. Thought it was the rat's nest of wires but every combination and messing around with other things didn't help. I was able to get the lights on with the way it's currently wired.I then replaced fridge with regular one and added an outlet on the regular 110/120 wire that runs from the box. I'm good to go as long as I have electric hook up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for an SUV to pull a pop up camper with. [ 4 Answers ]

The Nissan Murano is rated, with a V-6, to pull around 3500 pounds. They all have the CVT transmission. Anyone with any opinions on this? Might add that we also looked at the Ford Escape with a V-6 rated at 2000 pounds.

Electrical questions [ 3 Answers ]

Switch position reverse. I have 120v coming from the breaker to the switch box. The box has the in and out white wire tied together and the in and out ground wire tied together. The black wire in and out goes through a single switch. It works fine, but switch positions are reversed On is off...

Ceiling painted then pop corned. How do I remove pop corn and paint? [ 2 Answers ]

Drywall ceiling was painted, then some time later it was pop corn textured. When removing the pop corn, the paint under the pop corn is hard to scrape off. When repainting over the old paint, the old paint peals back all over the place. What can I do to get the old paint off so I can mud some of...

Camper electrical problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2007 Rockwood Travel Trailer. I can plug it into my garage with a 110 adapter and can run everything in my camper that I want without problems, I go to many State Parks in my state and try to plug into the 30 amp GFI pole at the site and it trips the breaker on the pole. Does anyone have...

What's a good way to clean mildew off the canvas on my pop-up camper? [ 4 Answers ]

My newly purchased used pop-up camper has quite a bit of mildew on the canvas. Know of any tried and true methods for cleaning it off? Thanks!

View more questions Search