Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John James Gunn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2015, 09:15 AM
    How to convert png to word doc
    I have a PNG file (CV) and need to convert it to a file that will accept it to attach to an email , i.e. word . Doc Jpl?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2015, 09:17 AM
    The only way would be to scan the image. You could try a free online service as long as the content isn't confidential: Free Online OCR - convert scanned PDF and images to Word, JPEG to Word
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 10, 2015, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by John James Gunn View Post
    I have a PNG file (CV) and need to convert it to a file that will accept it to attach to an email , i.e. word . Doc Jpl?
    I'm confused. Why can't you just attach the PNG? A PNG file is a standard image format. There should be no problem attaching it or the recipient viewing it.
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2015, 07:06 AM
    I think some sites put a restriction as to file types one can upload. In this case I would imagine it restricts to just .doc(x) (and maybe whatever the Mac equivalent is) and PDF .
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2015, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I think some sites put a restriction as to file types one can upload. In this case I would imagine it restricts to just .doc(x) (and maybe whatever the Mac equivalent is) and PDF .
    That's a good point. The OP refers to this as a "CV". I'm guessing that it's a resume. Most sites require resumes be uploaded in some sort of text format. So their applicant tracking software can process it. If that's the case I don't know why this was ever converted to a PNG in the first place.
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2015, 11:46 AM
    So their applicant tracking software can process it.
    Ah yes, I've heard that, good point. It's been a long time since I've submitted a resume online... and I hope that continues. :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convert png image to Microsoft word document [ 4 Answers ]

How to convert png image to Microsoft word document

Convert pdf to doc [ 2 Answers ]

Wanto to convert a pdf document to word

Convert word doc to PDF [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to convert a word document (Microsoft word 2003) through my pdf maker (adobe acrobat 7.0 Professional). When I open the pdf document, the font size seems larger and the pages are breaking where they shouldn't be. What am I doing wrong?

Convert word doc to pdf [ 3 Answers ]

I have converted a word document creating in a customsize of 6 X 9" to pdf using pdf maker. When I open my pdf document the page breaks are not the same as my word document. I have changed the page size in the pdf conversion settings and this doesn't seem to help. How can I get my pdf document...

View more questions Search